Razor's Build Thread - Page 5 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #81
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannerhead View Post
Absolutely stunning. Can you detail and shoot my car as well?

Also appreciate the fact that you aligned the wheel roundels with the ///M logo.

What's with the random general guy amid the car pic?
Which random general guy? And yeah, if you knew me you would soon find out that I'm a big perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Looks awesome! After I asked I figured it was Lightroom, saw some cross processing in there (or maybe blue curves?) what camera do you have? I do photography professionally. You have my number, feel free to text me for camera advice on a budget
I have a Canon Eos Digital Rebel XT...kind of old. I want to get into photography though

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
I think my power steering pump may be on it's way out as well. Getting a groaning at low speed parking maneuvers that never used to be there. Luckily I have a hookup and can get the LUK pump for 200. Then the lines, pulley, and reservoir too...
Do it man, the car will feel a lot better and so will you that it's another step closer to like-new

>IN SEARCH OF GRAY SEDAN SPORT SEATS<
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:19 PM   #82
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

My Ride: '02 330i/5 slicktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllRazorlll View Post
Which random general guy?
Last night when I was browsing the thread one of the pics was of some random WWI German Army general dude. Looked like maybe a placeholder from a hosting site? Regardless, it's gone now. Weird.

Forgot to mention this but I liked the GT3 A-Spec shout-out too. Makes me want to dust off my PS2 and fire it up.

Current: '02 330i/5 '10 Mazda5 '72 240Z
Past: '85 GSL-SE '95 540i/6 '95 525i/5 '86 635CSi/5 '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S
Spannerhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #83
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
Quote:
I have a Canon Eos Digital Rebel XT...kind of old. I want to get into photography though

Definitely text or PM me if you ever need help or advice. It's not the age of the camera, but how you use it. I got my first award with a photo I took with my iPhone (although if you have better equipment...is stray from iPhone)
Old 09-11-2016, 05:02 PM   #84
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

New headlight lens covers, Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+ tires, and another photoshoot

Untitled
Untitled

Last edited by lllRazorlll; 09-24-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #85
YoitsTmac

You know how to mount tires? What lenses did you get, refinish, aftermarket or OEM? Keep shooting! Glad I got the preview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #86
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
You know how to mount tires? What lenses did you get, refinish, aftermarket or OEM? Keep shooting! Glad I got the preview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to a shop that specializes in wheels and tires. I got replacement lenses from Khoalty: http://www.khoalty.com/headlight-lens-replacement.html

I'm still trying to figure out how to take great night shots. I'm sure that the lot I was at by the bridge would yield spectacular pics

Old 09-12-2016, 03:36 PM   #87
YoitsTmac

Quote:
I went to a shop that specializes in wheels and tires. I got replacement lenses from Khoalty: http://www.khoalty.com/headlight-lens-replacement.html

I'm still trying to figure out how to take great night shots. I'm sure that the lot I was at by the bridge would yield spectacular pics
ISO 400, do a wide shot since you have a kit lens (f/3.5), and do 30 second exposure. See what you get and adjust ISO from there.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #88
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
ISO 400, do a wide shot since you have a kit lens (f/3.5), and do 30 second exposure. See what you get and adjust ISO from there.
I'll keep that in mind

Old 09-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #89
Non-Affiliated

My Ride: 01 330i
Any plans for low in the future or nah?

2001 330i 5-speed

Insta: @ivans_in_danger

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Non-Affiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #90
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groznyy_Volk View Post
Any plans for low in the future or nah?
When I do a suspension refresh I'll get the sport or ZHP suspension. That'll lower it a tad but that's as far as I'll go really

Old 09-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #91
YoitsTmac

Quote:
When I do a suspension refresh I'll get the sport or ZHP suspension. That'll lower it a tad but that's as far as I'll go really

What's that ride difference? I might go ZHP spring then unless someone can list otherwise (I don't want low either)
Old 09-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #92
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
What's that ride difference? I might go ZHP spring then unless someone can list otherwise (I don't want low either)
Sport suspension lowers the car 15mm over non-sport

Old 11-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #93
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Been a while since I updated. Not a whole lot has been going on since I have been focusing on school and work. Dropped the rear suspension for differential seals and fluid. The subframe floor looks good; no cracks. Also replaced one of the subframe bushings. Don't have any pics since I got my mechanic to do it since I don't even have time to wash the car. I have also been working on fixing some rust under the door sills. Going to be coating the car with Collinite 845 wax in the next few weeks in preparation for winter.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:50 PM   #94
YoitsTmac

Repair job looks great!
Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #95
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Well done! Makes me want to look under my door sill trim now...

Past: '85 GSL-SE '95 540i/6 '95 525i/5 '86 635CSi/5 '88 JZA70 '86 4K quattro '85 RX-7 S
Old 11-15-2016, 09:58 AM   #96
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Repair job looks great!
Quote:
Well done! Makes me want to look under my door sill trim now...
Thank you. For me, the rust was visible with the door sills on as it was moving outwards. I thought it would be a lot worse. Does it snow in TN?

Old 11-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #97
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Great job on the repair! Makes me glad I don't live in a state where salt is used. They really should switch to something.

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm)/rear(25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake, Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9 ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods:Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers,Custom Sport Springs,Supreme Power Drop Hats,ZHP 5 speed shift knob
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:22 PM   #98
Spannerhead
Save the Manuals!

Quote:
Does it snow in TN?
Last year it threatened to a few times but we didn't get any. In 2014 we got two fairly big snows, but it all melted within a day or two.

Here's hoping for another snow-free winter! Right now we could use rain (we've gotten less than an inch since May); the wildfires have been out of control and blanketing the area with smoke.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:38 PM   #99
lllRazorlll
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
Great job on the repair! Makes me glad I don't live in a state where salt is used. They really should switch to something.
Yeah, I wish I had a Florida or California car sometimes. If I do get another E46 it will be a clean example for sure and be everything that my current car is not.

Quote:
Last year it threatened to a few times but we didn't get any. In 2014 we got two fairly big snows, but it all melted within a day or two.

Here's hoping for another snow-free winter! Right now we could use rain (we've gotten less than an inch since May); the wildfires have been out of control and blanketing the area with smoke.
Wow, didn't know that you guys had wildfires either. Thought that perhaps you would be prone to tornadoes

Old 11-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #100
rguti153

My Ride: 2004 zhp / 2000 323i
Quote:
Thank you. For me, the rust was visible with the door sills on as it was moving outwards. I thought it would be a lot worse. Does it snow in TN?
U didn't fill in the rust pot with anything else , just lots of coats of primer ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
rguti153 is online now   Reply With Quote