M3 Differential Swap on Steptronic 325i [PICS] - Page 3 - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #41
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk325xi View Post
lolwut?
For the bigger swap I have planned.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #42
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
For the bigger swap I have planned.
waiiiiiit no more S54?

S65?! lulz
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #43
cyberkaa

Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
waiiiiiit no more S54?

S65?! lulz
lol, I wish!

No, still S54. I meant bigger than just doing the rear end.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #44
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Quote:
lol, I wish!

No, still S54. I meant bigger than just doing the rear end.

eta of completion? im not a patient person haha
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #45
cyberkaa

Quote:

eta of completion? im not a patient person haha
I'll let you know when I'm ready to start, haha. Just a few more missing pieces and a little more homework to do.

Quote:
Old 08-02-2016, 05:15 AM   #46
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
Hey Kalim! This thread is quite old but I will be reinforcing my subframe with the turner kit soon. I was wondering how your subframe has held up with the kit, not to mention with all that additional torque being thrown at it. Some people have said that the kit only redirects the force, and begins cracking in other parts. I was wondering what your experience has been in half a decade. Did you weld the kit on or use panel paste?
Old 08-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #47
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
Hey Kalim! This thread is quite old but I will be reinforcing my subframe with the turner kit soon. I was wondering how your subframe has held up with the kit, not to mention with all that additional torque being thrown at it. Some people have said that the kit only redirects the force, and begins cracking in other parts. I was wondering what your experience has been in half a decade. Did you weld the kit on or use panel paste?
Hey. I haven't put a ton of miles on it (around 60k on the clock now), but I haven't driven it gently either. It was welded and it's held up just fine so far.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2017, 03:41 AM   #48
underpants

Quote:
So the question is, can you reuse your steptronic 330 trailing arms? Based on the what realoem says about the size of the wheel bearing, probably yes. It depends on whether or not the splines on the M3 output shafts match up to the 330 drive flange hubs.
To answer this question, as I am in the process of putting a m3 lsd in my wagon, yes the splines on the m3 output shafts match up to the 330i drive flange hubs.

I'm using m3 subframe, diff, output shafts, pushrod, and rod.

Then I'm using 330i trailing arms, lower arms, upper arms, and brakes.

I dont have everything in the car yet, but I'm hoping the 330i and m3 combination will work.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:44 AM   #49
underpants

One question I do have is, did you install the 'rod' (big v shaped support) in your build?

The non m3 cars dont have mounting points on the chassis for it.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #50
cyberkaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpants View Post
One question I do have is, did you install the 'rod' (big v shaped support) in your build?

The non m3 cars dont have mounting points on the chassis for it.
Not yet, but I've got the ready and waiting to go in. The chassis needs a couple of weld nuts (available from BMW) installed for the two front mounting points.
And of course, the rear mount point is on the M3 U-brace, which is already installed.

Quote: