E46 Fanatics Forum banner

can i get 19" wheels and lower my 325 xi

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ECSTuning 
#1 ·
If I want 19" wheels will I be able to fit them on a 325 xi,a and would I have any room for lowering?

#6 ·
Yep you can run a set of M3 wheels on your XI. I have been running a set of staggered 18's lowered on Tein lowering springs. You may need a slight fender roll in the rear, depending on how low you plan on going. The only thing About running 4 fronts is it looks kinda funny, cause the wheels look strange on the rear, in my opinion. You will also need a set of adjustable lower camber control arms, for the rear, unless you don't mind burning through tires monthly. The camber arms run about $120 or so.

#11 ·
You should be good to go, I have a few guys running that size wheel with FK coilovers on the Xi. V1s are slightly larger coils but you should still have clearance between the wheel/tire and coil.

Thank you all for replying! Could anyone tell me a good place to look for BMW wheels? Is anyone selling any? Would it be ok to make a thread asking of anyone is selling BMW wheels? I followed this guide...

& really like styles 67,190,220... but do t know where I'd locate them to purchase?

also does anyone have a recommendation on clearing all the lighting around? Depo or eagle eye? Led or not? Where to buy that as well? ...
Style 67s in 19x8 ET47 are going to be BMW part number 36112229650, I have them available HERE.

Style 190s
8x19 ET37 - 36116768970 LINK
9x19 ET39 - 36116768971 LINK

Style 220 are going to be a bit too aggressive, they only come from BMW in 8.5x19 ET29 and 9.5x19 ET33, both fitments will be very very aggressive on your car.

With some of the wheels you like in mind, you might want to check out the Alzor 716, only thing is it's currently only avaible in an 18. LINK. I have a host of other wheels which might interest you avaible HERE.

For the lights I have a few options. For tails Eagle eyes are rather popular as are FKs, you can view all options for your car HERE. For side markers Depos are popular, we do have a few other options you may want to check out, click HERE for side markers. Headlights, Depos are probably our most popular aftermarket choice, you can view headlights for your car HERE.

You also said you'd like to lower the car, coilovers are the direction I typically suggest as they'll give you the ability to dial in the ride height right where you want it. HERE is my selection of coilovers for your car.

#7 ·
Thank you all for replying! Could anyone tell me a good place to look for BMW wheels? Is anyone selling any? Would it be ok to make a thread asking of anyone is selling BMW wheels? I followed this guide...

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

& really like styles 67,190,220... but do t know where I'd locate them to purchase?

also does anyone have a recommendation on clearing all the lighting around? Depo or eagle eye? Led or not? Where to buy that as well? ...

#10 ·
That's a Plus 3 size change. You will have very small sidewalls, and your stock rotors will look out of place and very small inside 19 inch wheels. That's not to mention that you will actually slow your car down some, have a very harsh ride and will likely spend money either replacing tires, repairing wheels or replacing them as they will not like pot holes. Plus 1, which is 17 inch wheels and tires will look good on your 325xi and the rotors won't look too small behind them. If you need to go bigger (not sure what the reason would be), then go for Plus 2 which is 18 inch. Par tof the above is my opinion on look, the other part is fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.