E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tire Valve Hole Size in BMW OEM Wheels

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MTA330ci 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if all BMW wheels have a standard hole size for their OEM wheels and if so, what size is it.

I am looking to replace my valve stems with metal bolt-on ones.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which is the best high performance valve stems?

Thanks...

#4 ·
Sounds like these high performance stems would weigh more and thus would require more weight to balance...which to me means lower performance.

I feel lame knowing I only have normal performance valve stems. Please don't let anyone know! :lmao:

Seriously, though, what do you know about our regular valve stems, or what are you doing with your car that your current ones are inadequate?

#6 ·
Good question.... I have new tires with new stems. These stems are so flexible that it is not easy to put air in or check the air pressure. I am also very slowly losing air. Because I hate these stems, I want to replace them with something much better. Instead of trusting the dealer to put good quality stems on, I want to choose them myself... and I do tend towards overkill, especially when it is not cost prohibited.

As for the wheels needing to be rebalanced, probably so. This has little or nothing to do with performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.