E46 Fanatics Forum banner

225/35r20 on 20x8.5 ET35 rubbing??

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Snik 
#1 ·
With my 225/35r20 tires on 20x8.5 wheels with 35mm offset I'm getting rubbing on the inside edge of the fender lip and the fender liner when I hit bumps at speed.

I bought the car with these wheels/tires. Is there any way to stop the rubbing or are these just not gonna work? I don't have the coin for new wheels and tires right now.

#7 ·
you can wait, ignore the haters and hopefully those in the know will chime in, or you can seek out the members riding clean on 20s and ask them.
but im pretty sure those offsets and tires will bolt on and work with no issues.

but again, i say, pretty sure as i have no experience with 20s, just saying based on what i know with our cars and offsets and space and whatnot.

#8 ·
Not exactly what I said.

Just letting you know that 20's on a ZHP is a waste. I'm sure they weigh a ton and are doing nothing but slowing your car down.

I was complementing your car in that it is a ZHP and should be not be forced to wear 20's a.k.a. the stripper heel shoes of wheels.

Take it as you will.

#13 ·
blacked out rims look tasteless and are just another trend, (like 20s) to me. even if the lips are polished, i hate it, and think its tacky.

yet i dont say a word to you or anyone with it, because occasionally i see a setup that actually looks awesome.

if we all liked the same things, this life would be painfully boring.

#15 ·
inner fender liners are pssshhh, mine have holes in em. if they concern you, perhaps adding some camber or maybe a lil stretching of the tire would help.

i do suspect however that those wheels are heavy and that the rebound of the shock isnt adequate to fight the bounce of the massively heavy wheel. a common side effect of big ass wheel that arent super expensive lightweight forged items,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.