Top Mount Ac Lines? - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 03:38 AM   #1
iowna330xi

My Ride: is not yet fast.
Top Mount Ac Lines?

Any of you guys running a top mount turbo still have functional air conditioning? I'm thinking of getting the cxracing kit which has a pretty nice manifold. The lines connecting to the dryer seems like it might be an issue though.
iowna330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
rb01

My Ride: 323i 98 208HP->Turbo
I had to get rid of mine for a while, maybe later will try put it back with new hoses
rb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
Nickoli

My Ride: 01 325iT/93 325is
I'm about to buy the cx kit as well. Spoke to them today and they said ac won't work with the kit. I hope it's just the lines. I've got a hose shop down the street that makes custom lines for stuff like that
Nickoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
autospeed_01

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
I was actually wondering this myself, and about to buy the manifold as well. If you look at pole position's thread he does relocate the evaporator canister and has the lines re-welded. I think it might be worth asking him how he dealt with it.

DTM Style Angel Eyes (flat bottom)

autospeed_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #5
cwarel

My Ride: 330ci coupe
I bought whole cx racing kit without manifold saved myself 600+$ , cracking problems and still got AC with a bottom mount manifold which i could make into top mount if i want ( just flip it and add a piece of pipe and you good) Gonna use s cast iron manifold , because manifold they make cracks over time
cwarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #6
autospeed_01

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Depends which cast iron manifold you get. I got the treadstone knockoff just to see how it would fit, and flipping it over to run as a top mount results in the manifold hitting the egr/sap port on the head. So you'd have to grind that down and tap/thread the open hole (to block it), before you add the up-pipe.

autospeed_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
xi46

My Ride: 2002 330xi ZPP/SP/CW
In for future information. This is one of the primary things that has pushed me away from the concept of turbocharging my 330xi.
xi46 is offline   Reply With Quote