E46 328CI Turbo prep - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
District

My Ride: BMW E46 328Ci
E46 328CI Turbo prep

Hey guys, I have a e46 328CI and i want to install a turbo kit. Ofcourse you will need to prepare your car for such an install. I will be replacing the belt, waterpump, headgasket and brakes. I Already replaced the thermostat and the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Any suggestions on what preperations I should be taking next and what turbo kit will be best suited?

P.s if there is already a topic on this let me know. I haven't been able to find one. Thanks in advance
District is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Dirt4k

My Ride: 2000 E46 328Ci
Do your rear subframe or you will end up with a headache that might not be worth fixing. Also an lsd might be a good idea unless you like one tire fire! Mfactory sells drop in units for 1000 USD Metal plate clutch types or helical.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Dirt4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:35 PM   #3
iowna330xi

My Ride: 323i Turbo
I'm starting to wrap things up with my turbo install. You might wanna add some arp head studs along with that gasket you're replacing.

Piecing together your own "kit" will be the easy part and making it work will be the hard part.

You can either go top mount from cxracing, or bottom mount from eBay. I chose bottom mount and am able to retain my a/c which is great.

Next thing you'll need to learn is tuning. If you have money to spend I recommend RKTunes. At a hefty $1400 you get the whole turbo tune, bigger injectors and a bigger MAF. But if not, go visit the ms43 tuning thread and learn all about it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
iowna330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #4
jdjg

My Ride: e39, m52tub30
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowna330xi View Post
I'm starting to wrap things up with my turbo install. You might wanna add some arp head studs along with that gasket you're replacing.

Piecing together your own "kit" will be the easy part and making it work will be the hard part.

You can either go top mount from cxracing, or bottom mount from eBay. I chose bottom mount and am able to retain my a/c which is great.

Next thing you'll need to learn is tuning. If you have money to spend I recommend RKTunes. At a hefty $1400 you get the whole turbo tune, bigger injectors and a bigger MAF. But if not, go visit the ms43 tuning thread and learn all about it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

or search here or facebook George Gelashvili for the tune

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
jdjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
328ci, preparations, turbo e46