E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Saving her from the crusher

19K views 125 replies 50 participants last post by  mitfa911 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Fanatics. I've been a member for a while but I've never taken the time to post or start a thread. I've recently acquired a 2001 330CI from an insurance auction with a salvage title. What sold me was the car had a factory hardtop and the price couldn't be beaten. I will try to post more as I go along with repairs and upgrades. Here are a few pictures when I got her.

See less See more
#55 ·
My friend you'll be surprised how many cars are out there with a clean title that have had worse damage than this. The damage on this car wasn't so bad. The only reason it was written off is because the cost of the repairs exceeded the value of the car. If this same damage would have happened on a 2013 BMW 335, I'm sure it would had been covered.

#63 · (Edited)
bunch of locals other there that never go to the meets -smh

anyone going to the rally this sunday? check the regional forums.

and to mitfa911, good luck bro, looks like alot of work but very well worth it :thumbsup:

#72 ·
nice!!!

quick question, does your car have the soft-top folded in the trunk? or did you decide to take the whole thing out? While your car is in the shop you might consider changing the rtabs and I assume your FCA's are new, so your fcab's should be new as well?

#74 ·
nice work! i'm in full support of this, if you have the time/money/resources to do something like this why not?!

oh and of course the knowledge to do it correctly! post more pics as it comes along

#77 ·
Props on the build...with hook-ups and some knowledge the sky is the limit...don't mind these stupid kids and the negative remarks...end of the day its your money and car .

#83 ·
I always liked the ZHP ground effects and decided to order a kit from BMW for my car. The dealer was out of stock and had to order it from Germany. I had to wait two weeks for the kit to arrive but the wait was well worth it. The BMW parts supplier in Germany made a mistake and shipped a kit for a euro market car. Notice the front bumper doesn't have the holes for the front corner reflectors. The kit was complete with all necessary bolts and clips for the conversion. It even included a front tag holder for the european tag.

This is the rear bumper cover laying on top of my other project car, a 1976 Porsche 911.

#86 ·
Wow props to you man, that's a great project , I had an accident in my e46 330ci and I'm currently in the process of repairing it, mines was a way harder hit but my e46 is not my daily driver so I'm spending the money to fix it. I don't have the hook ups for the repairs but I got cheap oem parts and even some for free, the car is now in the shop I got all the parts already there. I'll take before and after pics once there is some progress made.
Sometimes I think about it being worth fixing but I love these cars, this is my second one after all...

#123 ·
View attachment 499863 View attachment 499864

Very much enjoying my car. Suspension and wheel mods to follow soon.
That actually came out looking pretty good. I'm surprised the paint isn't mis-matched like on a lot of cars (that have been repainted at 130,000+ miles).

I've been looking at those MTech Bumpers, and looking at yours just makes me want to get one that much more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.