Votes: 16 76.2%
  • neah

Votes: 5 23.8%

LED Angel eyes - Auto dimmer

7K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  vander 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive had this idea to make an auto dimmer for the LED angel eyes
heres how my testing has gone so far.

Im going to eventually make a sealed box with the LDR inside with a fiber optic feed for the light.

my test module:

Output in the shade:

Output when dark:

Output with direct light:

This is obviously still in testing.... still need to get some orions so that i can output a final product
Lemme know what you guys think of this idea.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Great idea, an even better addition would be the use of a light sensor for auto switching of higher/lower voltage.

Edit - saw your thumb covering the sensor, you're already a step ahead. :)

#10 · (Edited)
What is this meant to do???

There seems to be some confusion here, let me clear it up.

This is not meant to fade the angel eyes in or out when unlocking or locking your car.

This is a to dim the angel eyes at night to retain the halo look and return them to full brightness during the day, with the use of a light dependant resistor the angel eyes will gradually get dimmer as it gets darker outside and then brighter as it gets more light.

#18 ·
yeah thats what im thinking as the unit will sit in the same compartment as the relay for the angel eyes so its a short route out near the wind shield wiper spray and that way it is out of sight,
I just need to find a clean way of mounting it now.

Im also going to be putting a variable resistor into the circuit so that the dimming effect at night can be fine tuned according to personal taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.