E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Black Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

343K views 385 replies 83 participants last post by  Don Nguyen 
#1 ·
I get people asking me the what a gloss black roof versus a matte black roof looks like all the time, so I will start out with two almost identical E90s I did this weekend. The first one went with a gloss black finish, while the second one went with a matte black finish. It'll give you guys a good idea of how the two compare/contrast.

Gloss black:

Matte black:

If you guys are looking for any vinyl materials to cover your roof, window trim, etc, shoot me a PM with what you need or post up any questions you might have.

-Don

See less See more
#369 ·
For this white 2014 Maserati Ghibli sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County, from Los Angeles to have the vinyl work done. Even though the car was brand new, the gloss black roof still changed the look of the car completely to the owner of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#370 ·
It is not uncommon to have customers bring me by cars that have had clear coat or paint damage on them, for me to cover up with my vinyl materials. I have also wrapped over chrome window trim pieces that have oxidized from being out in the sun and exposed weather all the time as well.

The owner of this silver Nissan 350z was having clear coat failure/issues on his roof and wanted a fix that would cover up the ugly oxidizing paint and to also prevent it from spreading further. He had me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to giving the car a new look, it also is going to end up helping protect his roof from further sun damage, especially since this car is parked outside all of the time. It is a good quick and cheaper solution than having the roof repainted. Can be done within a hour, versus dropping your car off at a body shop for a few days to a week to get it painted.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#371 ·
The owner of this white Nissan GTR R35 skyline had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. He came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl work done. The gloss black roof went well with the theme and look of his car. Even though the car had some real carbon fiber parts/accents on it, the gloss black roof was a good choice for this car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#372 ·
For this rare estoril blue E46 M3 coupe, I installed my gloss black vinyl material to the roof of the car. If I can remember correctly, the paint that was already on the roof was not in that great of a shape, so the owner wanted to cover it up and prevent it from further deteriorating and as a non permanent solution until he had the roof repainted. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hill/sOrange county to have the work done. I think the gloss black finish went well with the bright blue color of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#373 ·
Had this white Audi a4 sedan come in a bit late, so the pictures aren***8217;t the greatest, since I had to take the pictures inside. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for the roof of the car, to give it the panoramic roof look and so that it***8217;d match the glass sunroof as well. The car already had blacked out the majority of the other chrome pieces on the car, so the gloss black roof really tied everything in very well. The owner of this car was from around Los Angeles I believe and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#374 ·
The owner of this car is another previous return customer of mine. He brought his white BMW E60 M5 by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The gloss black roof really tied the look of the car together, since the car had other gloss black accents/pieces on it already. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I took some close up pictures at the side and front edges of the roof, since I had a couple of people ask for me to post some more pictures of those areas.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#375 ·
The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#376 ·
I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

#377 ·
The owner of this alpine white F12 650 or 640 coupe was from Diamond Bar and came over to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me do the car wrap on his car. We went with my gloss black vinyl material for the roof of his car, to complete the glass panoramic look for the car. The owner decided to leave the roof rails white and did not have me vinyl wrap them along with the rest of the roof for this car wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#378 ·
This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it***8217;s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#379 ·
From big car wrap jobs to small car wrap projects, we do them all. The owner of this brand new Estoril Blue BMW F30 335i sedan came by to have me apply a gloss black vinyl car wrap to the lower side portions of his front bumper. This gave it a black front splitter effect, but maintaining the stock factory OEM BMW lines and curves of the bumper. The advantage to this as well is that it is completely reversible without any affects on the paint. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#380 ·
This is one of the cars that I did during my last trip up in norcal/bay area in March to do some vinyl wraps. The owner came out to me to have the vinyl work done that I was doing in San Mateo at the Fatlace warehouse. For this dark metallic green BMW E92 328i sedan, I wrapped the roof and chrome window trim of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof is a subtle touch to this darker colored car. The chrome window trim on his car was fading and oxidizing, so the gloss black wrap really cleaned up the look of the car and hide the old faded chrome window trim pieces fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#383 ·
The owner of this brand new white 4th gen Lexus GS350 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the black roof panoramic look. Even though the rest of the car was still stock, the gloss black roof still added a nice look/change to the car, without making it look out of place of aftermarket. My only other suggestion for this car would have been to also black out the chrome window trim and possibly front grill as well in the same gloss black vinyl material to give it a sportier look. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the car vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#385 ·
Most newer M3s come with carbon fiber roofs, but unfortunately for the E90 M3 sedans or the E92 M3s with sunroofs, they come with a standard body colored roof. The owner of this white BMW E90 M3 sedan had me vinyl wrap the top of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof really changed the look of this M3 completely. The gloss black vinyl roof car wrap also went well with the other already black accents on the car, such as the rear spoiler, front splitters, mirrors, etc. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

#386 ·
Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW***8217;s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.