E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Today i'm going to swap 3.38 differential.

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  FastKA24DET 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to do 3.38 swap today but before the swap i wanted to test my 330ci 6 speed with 2.93 differential, "on my private 1/8 mile rode" for acceleration. I just did one rune and it felt like a good rune so i didn't bother doing another one, so my time was x.xx at 78.914 mph
My mods so far are: headers and intake + weight reduction 200lb lighter then regular 330ci LOL.
My weight reduction brakes down 2 ways, first 100lb are spare tire, tools, jack and .... that add up to 100lb and 2nd part is to keep my fuel tank around 5 gall because 12 gallons of fuel is about 100lb.

#3 ·
I'm going to do 3.38 swap today but before the swap i wanted to test my 330ci 6 speed with 2.93 differential, "on my private 1/8 mile rode" for acceleration. I just did one rune and it felt like a good rune so i didn't bother doing another one, so my time was x.xx at 78.914 mph
My mods so far are: headers and intake + weight reduction 200lb lighter then regular 330ci LOL.
My weight reduction brakes down 2 ways, first 100lb are spare tire, tools, jack and .... that add up to 100lb and 2nd part is to keep my fuel tank around 5 gall because 12 gallons of fuel is about 100lb.
engrish are you secon ranguage

1 gallon of gas=6.073 lb
12 gallons = 72.876
spare tire + jack + tools does not add up 100 lbs. Unless you use lead wheels.

#11 ·
My bet i was thinking of watter you are right.
As i removed those parts i weighted on digital scale.
spare tire + Jack + tools+ wheal cover + ruber mat in the trunk + leather bag with book in glow boks, rear head suport and moonroof sliding winall that always brake in these cars:facepalm: easy 100lb I did't want to type that all.

#10 · (Edited)
I bought my first house when i was 18 and second at 21 and I have 4 cars. And i'm no r!cer or converting to bmw, had bmw before I just love to work on cars and make them better to my taste, and all my cars payed off so i can do that i dont have to weight to pay them off and then think now i can finally mod them.:excited:

Now talking about ***** I would never drop i or ci or put some cheep H&R springs that make bmw rides like **** and looks VERY RICY just ghetto

#13 ·
1. I like to take chances.
2. I fill full tank and when i have 5-7 gallons left i run test on them.
3. Now what are you going to say.
4. Because i can and able to play.

#9 ·
unless it causes you to do another shift to reach the end it will certainly gain.

if you had done like a 40-60 time i'm sure that would have shown more it's gains

#15 · (Edited)
40-60 is nothing because if you say 40-70 then 2.93 will win assuming they both chipped.
It only shines on 1/4 or 1/8 off a mile, which is why i ran 1/8 of a mile to see my speed at 1/8 with 2.93 of a mile by the way that is faster then zhp, I was somewhat surprise.
I swapped this differential mainly because most of my driving is 40-60 mph and i hate to shift all the time from 5th to 6th or 6th to 5th.

#12 ·
By the way everything went well, I love how i can drive 40 mph in 6th gear. Will do 1/8 mile rune maybe tomorrow to see if its any better at acceleration on a drag.

#17 · (Edited)
I had them on my 330xi and it made it drive like ****, I only kept them because factory xi is raised over i, I prefer factory 330ci suspension over anything. I mean h&r good brand and good quality spring, but suspension in 330ci makes me very pleased.

#26 ·
O look at you dum ... So so happy that can spell and put words in right order in only language you know :clap:. English is my 4th language that i learned, not counting German that i took for 3 years unfortunately i did't practice or used it anymore, since i came to USA i forgot most of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.