E46 Fanatics Forum banner

e46 m3 rear question

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  iwantane46M 
#1 ·
what's up guys, just bought an 01 imola red m, coils and wheels and exhaust are going on it this week, but before i put the coils on i had a question for all you guys out there that know what youre doin with these cars and have taken them all apart before, "came from a turbo e36 m3 " so this is alittle new. im having a clunk noise come from the rear when i back up, and when i am on the highway and hit a bump my rear feels like it sways a little bit. theres currently 91,000 on the car and its all stock, "so far" any suggestions with what problem i might be having? thanks guys.

#5 ·
rear trailing arm bushing. Usually causes poor handling when it goes bad. Oh, forgot to mention check your shock mounts as well.

The clunking could be related to something else.
Bigjae is most likely right. I had a similar sound coming from my E46 and those both were the culprits.

We both of them available here:

Click HERE to order or for more information.

You will want to replace both side while your doing it, thus adding a qty. of 2 if you choose to buy them.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

#3 ·
RTABs...not sure what that is man, but had the car in to the local bmw dealership for the subframe recall thin tht the e46's had going on and they said that it was that and that it was okay, so that's why im confused. they did say it could be something in the rear, so maybe it is the diff bushings, thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.