E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Still rubbing after made fender roller

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  WDE46 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I am new and happy owner of a 2005 325ci.This is my first Bmw so far and already fall in love with it,but I got a little problem and I would like to ask your opinion,please.
My first mistake was listen to anyone without study about the car what I got,and bought a little to wide rear wheels on it.I have now 19 9.5 with 255/30/19 tires and it is still rubbing after made fender rolling.I already read here in a few topics with similar problems,and they wrote after put one size less tire,like 245/35 the robbing is gonna stop.....what is probably true....and I just want to make sure and ask you guys,who know much more about my own car than me
,for sure....the robbing is gonna stop on my situation too if change the tires or maybe you have another tip how could I stop it on other way.
I appreciate you!

Anyway,please let me show it Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Bmw
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
How about just installing the right size wheel and tire! 19" wheels are just not the way to go an a non M. They start making the car look like a clown car. Now your in a situation where your cars performance has been severely compromised in order for you to achieve greatness with the pimp gods. My advice is to sell the wheels and tires and go buy a set of correct wheels and tires for your car. 18" or 17" are perfect balance of performance and aesthetics.

Also with those wheels the car sits up too high and looks like an off road vehicle. This car is new to you so if you want it to stay nice then spend your money of making sure the maintenance has been done before installing any more "pimp" mods.

#4 ·
You've already rolled the fenders, might as well cut them to get the clearance you need, and then install fender flares.:facepalm:

#5 ·
I'm not sure where to start. It looks like you are either at or very close to stock ride height, if that is the case and you are "rubbing" then something is terribly wrong. Have you looked at where you are rubbing to see what the issue might be? Also buy the right wheel and tire combo for your car.

From the pics you posted it looks to me like you would not be rubbing on the fenders at all, so check the tire for wear and find out what is actually rubbing. Also it looks like you are missing some plastic in the front wheel well area.

Good luck!

#6 · (Edited)
This will be the best advice you've gotten so far so pay attention. I'm 100% sure that your problem is the offset of the wheels, not your wheel or tire size. Tell us the offset on the rear wheels and prove me right. You can run at least a 265 tire in the back on a coupe without any worry of rubbing if you have the right wheel offset.

I'd say you have 19" M3 wheels on there if you say the rears are 9.5. If so, then the offset on the rear is 27mm. In order to make those wheels work you need to run four fronts on a non-M (ET+47 and a 19x9). Something someone should have told the previous owner.

#7 ·
I'm almost 100% sure that your problem is the offset of the wheels, not your wheel or tire size. This is the best advice you've gotten so far, tell us the offset on the rear wheels and prove me right.
+1
I've had my fenders rolled and pulled just a little bit, but the offset on the F10 M5 wheels I have installed are not the same as a non-m E46's and it was causing them to rub on some bumps. I wanted to keep a 265 in the back so I went with a Nitto Invo at 265/35/19 which are stretched a little more than most 265's. It only rubs on very rough bumps now and rides great, and that is with Eibach Sportline springs and chitty shocks. Hope that helps?

#17 ·
Please excuse the primer bumpers the car was rear ended a month ago and two weeks ago it had the delight of taking out a coyote chasing a rabbit... Damnit.
Anyways F10 M5 wheels 19x9.5 with 265/35-19 Nitto Invo tires.
View attachment 568485

You may not hear what you want to hear by posting this picture. It opens you up for criticism and I can see quite a few items that just aren't working on this one.

#18 ·
#22 ·
+1. We laugh, and make sarcastic comments.

Sent from BimmerApp

#25 ·
all the HHCs here jeez

When I bough my e46 it had some "pimp" chrome 20's on it with a 4inch drop, dark tint and missing inner guard liners...could very well be the car Mango was describing haha anyways id hate to think that me going back to a legal tint shade, replacing the inner liners raising the car back to almost stock ground clearance height and then replacing the wheels with some genuine e53 x5 staggered 19swould see me cop the same amount of crap?

Lifes to short to drive boring cars you know.

#26 ·
OP you stirred up so much hate ha ha. Posting pictures of 20'' dubs and another with a 225 tire on a 19x10 wheel are a far cry from what OP has. OP, if you like the "look" of your wheels, then just sell your rears and buy two new fronts, throw your rear tires on there and call it a day.

#27 ·
Thank you so much guys for each of you for your time!You are so helpful!I am happy to got in the club!I decided it to sell my settings (wheels+tires) and then I'll by the same just 18 inches!I already changed back the original 17" settings before I toke my new baby from the shop.Yesterday was our first full day together since I got it and I was just thinking when arrived home and stopped the car.....how the hell I haven't bmw before ,until now!I love it!

By the way if anyone interested the settings just let me know and we can deal with it :) just text me please 941 914 6443
0 miles wheels+tires (Yokohama S drive) with receipts!
I appreciate again guys.You helped me a lot!

Let me show some pics Tire Alloy wheel Spoke Rim Automotive tire
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel
Tire Synthetic rubber Rim Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Rim Wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.