E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My TT Stage 2 Build (Step 1) Pics

108K views 610 replies 73 participants last post by  MalibuMafiaV 
#1 ·
So the car has been eating oil like crazy because before the turbo it sucked up a lot of water and killed some rings. Now the boost is making it worse anyways...

I thought I guess its time for stage 2 plus a little. The goal is 415RWHP.

So far I only plan on:

CP 8.8:1 Forged Pistons
Hone and deck the block
Same turbo with a .82 a/f exhaust housing
and more boost:4ngie:

Not sure if I'm doing anything to the head/valves.

I worked on it for about 5 hours today.

Oil in the intercooler is from a bad CCV keeping the turbo from draining.

Got frustrated because i could get the down pipe/wastegate tube off and out of the way.

(all done with 2 jack stands in my apartment parking lot)

Any advice welcome. BTW i planned on leaving the transmission attached.

See less See more
#164 ·
it really depends on alot of things, but since you're coming from what 300whp and hoping to get up to 415 it might not be necessary but would probably be advised

#177 ·
Where did the timecert thing come up!?!?

Just put the 10mm raceware studs in and be done with it.

The problems people see with the studs pulling out are from overheating the M54 block (water pump failure) not from too much power.

I was on the phone with a guy yesterday for nearly an hour discussing this topic....learned a lot about his engine program, and was able to share a bit of my experience. Sad story though...engine did overheat and he's now looking for a new block.

#178 ·
I thought that was the issue(overheating), this is what vac says ;
Aluminum Block Engines Use Raceware Head Stud Kits and must betime serted for proper installation. Inquire about our Time Sert kit or our in house proprietary time serting service.
I guess that's just as a safety ?

Dunno how much thread engagement there is but with a timesert you only get 25mm(longest i found) :hmm:

#186 ·
This may be funny to you but, this is what is in my motor and the shop that did my build has one, Shop around the corner from my house has one. It may be because these guys build high power motors I have no idea or it could be a thing for domestic cars since most of them build domestic motors. I'm still not clear on why not use them and if shops like Raceware is recommending them I would take their word over a guy whos done a few builds.

#198 · (Edited)
So I know this doesn't belong here but..........I got one on these I pick it up next week !!!!! It will keep me happy while the car is down and still save gas 48MPG and fastest production bike supposedly.:excited:

2011 BMW s1000rr Big upgrade from my 2006 Ninja 500r that was the same bike from 1994-2009 yeah....thats what I said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.