E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My TT Stage 2 Build (Step 1) Pics

108K views 610 replies 73 participants last post by  MalibuMafiaV 
#1 ·
So the car has been eating oil like crazy because before the turbo it sucked up a lot of water and killed some rings. Now the boost is making it worse anyways...

I thought I guess its time for stage 2 plus a little. The goal is 415RWHP.

So far I only plan on:

CP 8.8:1 Forged Pistons
Hone and deck the block
Same turbo with a .82 a/f exhaust housing
and more boost:4ngie:

Not sure if I'm doing anything to the head/valves.

I worked on it for about 5 hours today.

Oil in the intercooler is from a bad CCV keeping the turbo from draining.

Got frustrated because i could get the down pipe/wastegate tube off and out of the way.

(all done with 2 jack stands in my apartment parking lot)

Any advice welcome. BTW i planned on leaving the transmission attached.

See less See more
#469 ·
^^^^ i would to but the only thing that makes me not want to go with TT is the fact that their kits are sold as is without any warranties and any part that has been used can not be returned so in other words if you or someone else installed everything and for some odd reason the turbo gives out a week later with minimal driving, your out of luck. Dont really understand why other companies such as AA, ESS, or even HPF hasn't come up with a turbo kit for a 330.

#470 ·
I think it has something to do with demand and their profit per each kit. I personally see a HIGH demand for the non m kits but alass...

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer

#472 ·
I understand that your kit hasn't failed, but their are BMW's that last over 300k miles, and some that die at 90k miles. It's like buying an 80" tv as is, still in the box, taking it home, and it doesn't work, you can't do anythig. I have nothing against TT, I just hate that they sell as is without any warranties. For $7,000 i think they could include one. Wish their was another company that made a Turbo kit for our cars, but w.e. Personally once i gather my money up im going to buy the AA stage 2.5 kit because its better for me, i believe AA is a more stable company and actually offers a 2 year warranty. But anways i don't want this to become a TT vs AA thread, this is not what im trying to imply. To all his own opinion, if its working for you good than thats good, the best to you.

#490 ·
steven747,

you seem to be one of the leading experts in forced induction, both in theory and application.

I too live in CA, probably within 5 miles of your location (Santa Ana). So based on your years of experience and expertise in the F/I community, I would really like YOU to do my AA stage 1 install.

I certainly don't mind paying you what you're worth, please get back to me on this as soon as possible with your price.

TIA :thumbsup:

#492 · (Edited)
you honestly truthfully sound like a 16 year old right there. i doubt your older than 17 but in any event did i ever say i could install a supercharger and no i don't wrench on cars at all. but i am a avid reader in this section and have been for a while so i believe i am qualified to give somewhat educated answers. you on the other hand sound like a forum troll

so at your first point- your comment has nothing to do what i talked about :facepalm:

secondly I'm offering substantially correct advice and would have any long term e46f member tell me that I'm wrong about anything i said in my earlier comments.

so in your case man you should prob go get a job at jack in the crack to afford your gas money. :rofl:

#491 ·

As long as it's not more than .50 cents, you got a deal. Because like I said, I'd pay you what your worth.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:p:p:p:

:rofl::rofl:

:evil:

:hi:

#499 ·
How many miles were on your car when you bolted up this kit? Did your motor burn any oil?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.