E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Outside thermometer reading +122

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dyarstraits 
#1 ·
Hello anyone willing to help i'm in a bit of a situation here... After my friend changed the horn in my 2002 330ci my temp sensor read -44 degrees.
I then evaluated the situation and found out that the sensor had just become unplugged. But the wires were messed up and ect... After rewiring a new connection and getting a new sensor the temp reads now +122. Some say this is a faulty ground but i don't understand what had happened and whats wrong because it was working fine 3 weeks ago. any suggestions?

#2 ·
Ive always been told by my bmw shops that the ambient temp sensor is the hardest fix to actually fix on a e46, in my recommendation I would triple check that installation you did, where did you get the replacement parts? I knwo ecs tuning has a full kit available that has worked for a few buddies. I also have the same issue but just havent bothered to replace the sensor after being told "it still prolly wont work the same"

#3 ·
I have the same problem. I have bought 2 replacement sensors with the wiring. Had it working again but since my bumper cover is messed up i didn't secure the sensor well enough and it fell off! Going to try again and this time really tape the thing into the bumper. Btw, i got the sensor off of Amazon for $22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.