E46 Fanatics Forum banner

2011: ModZombie changes up the BanHamR a bit...

20K views 79 replies 50 participants last post by  cd330 
#1 · (Edited)
Decided to make some changes for 2011 to renew my mod bug..... We'll see what the future brings. But after 7 years of being daily drivin' I still love it and think she is good to go....

BimmerFest 2010:

2011 brought on some new shoes:

VarrsToen 1.1.2 's. 19x8.5 ET 34 (235/35/19 Nitto 555) in the front and 19 x 9.5 ET 33 (265/30/19 Nitto 555) in the rear....

Then came the rear...... OEM M3 rear bumper, CSL diffuser and dual exhaust from resonator with muffler delete....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms2LM3yibS8&feature=related

Then came the hamann/hagus mirros...

Jason (MachRc) approves

BimmerFest 2011

Thanks for looking :hi:

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks, wish I would have seen you there. It's only been like what, 6 years since I have seen you :rofl:
looks good, i didn't get a chance to see your tinted sides in person :rofl:
you mean painted :rofl:
Car looks great!!!!
thanks gabe.
Dislike mirrors. Put back the OEM.

Then just paint the window trim black.
I have been rockin' the elephant ears for far to long, time for a change.

I have been back and forth with the window trim. I actually like it, matches the lip on the rim and breaks things up. Maybe I will plasti-dip them and see how it turns out.

Chad I love the mirrors , Im looking for the same ones who did you purchase them from ?
Bought them from a forum member in LA

looks great! I love the rear but maybe you should paint the trim since the m3 bumper doesn't have it.
Thanks. Yeah, that will probably be the next thing. I will probably vinyl them.

Good stuff man!
Always dug your car. But deng,last wheels were :drool:
Theese look hot too though,you must rub like crazy with that rear setup,thats a low offset and 265's ,yikes!
Mirrors look great too,was contemplating going with theese or m3 mirrors,went with m3's by a landslide.
Thank you very much. I actually don't rub that often, only on deep dips on the freeway and occasionally in and out of steep driveways.
I have done pretty extensive work to the fenders, cut/shaved, rolled and pulled.
I wanted m3 mirrors, but didn't feel like modifying the base plate. I got a really good deal on these mirrors, so I am happy for now.

Looks great! How was the M3 rear install?
Not going to lie, I would not want to do it again. It is a lot of work. Old body brackets had to go, new brackets and new mounting closer to the body. Shortening the bumper shocks by an inch..... Just a lot of tweaking here and there. I still need to adjust it some, but I won't be able to until I go to a 255 tire.

#8 ·
Good stuff man!
Always dug your car. But deng,last wheels were :drool:
Theese look hot too though,you must rub like crazy with that rear setup,thats a low offset and 265's ,yikes!
Mirrors look great too,was contemplating going with theese or m3 mirrors,went with m3's by a landslide.

#21 ·
Thanks, your cars are always an inspiration.

chad this past year has done wonders to the car. little tweaks here and there and she will be perfect. first order of business is suspension overhaul and second is fixing those tips! :luv:
Thanks Daron, we'll see what comes up in the future. Hope we can get together and do some more modding.

chad im sad i missed you at bfest :cry:

car's lookin good my steel grey brotha! :thumbsup:
Thanks Pat. Bummed I missed you too, I was talking to Dru for a while at the DPE booth, that would be retarded if you were standing there too and I didn't see you :rofl:

Not a fan of the mirrors. I'd say go with OEM M3s.

But damn I love the wheels/tires/center caps/rear/diffuser/and kinda the exhaust.
Well done chap.

Nice to see Jason's lovely face again :luv:
Thank you Ken. Ah yeah,you saw jason when he came to FL to huh. He was telling me over lunch one day.
You need some xenons son!!!
I know :facepalm:
love your car man! like i said she looked/sounded :drool: at bfest :thumbsup:

:hi:
Thanks Evan, I appreciate it and the pic :thumbsup:
Looking great!
nice one love the rear bar:thumbsup:
Looks great man
Thanks for the kind words guys. ;)

#34 ·
missed this thread before. good choice on hagus/hamann mirrors, thats an OG look :)
bumper fit looks pretty good too, i hate the bowed in look the sides of the bumper can get when retrofit.
well done chad!
Thanks B. Yeah, the m3 rear retro was a b1tch. I still need to adjust it some but won't be able to until I change from a 265 tire to a 255.

I also need to have the exhaust tips shortened a bit.

car looks stunning.....every mod is on point!!!
rear looks great man. nice job.
Thanks guys :)
hello banhamr
Herro Jason.

Chad: have you started hated the lack of good visibility with those mirrors yet? :p I have the same ones and while I like the look, I HATE the tiny glass, the poor visibility, etc.
Yeah, I am still trying to get used to it. It has been a couple weeks and I don't know what to do. It is just really weird. I keep adjusting them to try to get the best visibility, but :dunno:

I do catch myself looking over my shoulder further back than I normally would before making a lane change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.