E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
agj727

My Ride: 2003 325i
Exclamation Where to buy parts for my e46 in my area

Hello. I wanted to know if there was a place in the tampa bay area where I can buy parts for my 2003 325i. I haven't called the dealer yet but I wanted to try to find some store or website nearby that sells these parts. I just wanted to try to get them for the "right" price and in time. I need to buy my lower radiator hose by friday. I am changing my water pump, thermostat, belts, air filter, and cabin air filter and I wanted to replace the lower rad house while everything was out. I need to have it on or before this friday. Does anyone know where I can get this part (part number 11531436408)? Please let me know. Thanks.
agj727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
My325XI

My Ride: 03 325XI Sprt Prem
Don't forget about the upper radiator hose as well. Other than the stealership, your local Napa, Advance Auto, Autozone, O'reilly's, etc may have something in stock.

2003 325XI 5-speed ZSP ZPP
My325XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
agj727

yeah, I will replace that hose if it leaks, as it is a very easy diy and only requires for the hose to be removed without anything else. The lower rad hose is a whole bunch easier to replace with the fan and other misc parts out of the way. Also, i have checked the "big name" stores and they only have generic aftermarket parts that are not an absolute fit.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Blind_Shooter

My Ride: is your sister
I found a junk e46 in tampa the other day. Prices are very fair. But know what you want to pay before you go. Look on craigslist bro. Plenty of cars being parted out. Also if you find any junk yards in this area let me know. Although I doubt you will be back after this thread tbh

Blind_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
GuiltySpark

My Ride: 02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by agj727 View Post
yeah, I will replace that hose if it leaks, as it is a very easy diy and only requires for the hose to be removed without anything else. The lower rad hose is a whole bunch easier to replace with the fan and other misc parts out of the way. Also, i have checked the "big name" stores and they only have generic aftermarket parts that are not an absolute fit.
Mine didn't leak, it seemed perfectly fine and then one day during my commute, a sweet burning smell, followed by a cloud of white smoke and a radiator light. The pressure and rot caused the old hose to shear itself without warning in an instant. If you can afford it I would go ahead and replace it if its original.
GuiltySpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
www.furiousmethod.com

plan ahead to save lots of money on new brand name parts.

Rubber hoses age from the inside. You cannot visually detect when they are about to fail.

Last edited by Stinger9; 06-12-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
agj727

I ended up just buying the lower hose from the dealer today. No one had one that would fit, and now I know that it is a genuine bmw hose.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Mrwillb

My Ride: 325Ci 330i ZHP
We are starting an e46 weekly meet in the Tampa/Brandon area. As of now we are meeting Wednesday nights at Buffalo Wild Wings in Brandon around 7pm. We invite all to stop by. Message me for more info.
Mrwillb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, cooling system, parts, radiator