E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
photoshopped some wheels. advice?

Really been itching to get rid of my black wheels that come on the car when I got it.

I know there will be some criticism because a lot of people on here dont like E90 wheels on E46 but i've see some that have been done really well in person!

I'm assuming most people are going to like the 197s on the bottom but I'm leaning towards the 162s. The top is currently what I have, a set of TSW's that are sorta aggressive. I can get a set of either from local salvage yards for quite cheap, and even have em refinished/touched up for cheap if I have to.

The second pic attached is an absolutely beautiful sedan that I've been inspired by.

(Did the shopping real fast while I was bored tonight)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	final.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	594762   Click image for larger version

Name:	mtcar.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	594763  

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
glhx

My Ride: 2002 330ci
-
M6 wheels

F10 m5 replicas-

2 looks fine. All that matters is if you like them
Photo shop a,different color onto,your current wheels. They don't look bad. There is just too I u black and not any contrast

Last edited by glhx; 03-27-2015 at 12:24 AM.
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
SilberVogel

My Ride: 2002 330Ci Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
. . . All that matters is if you like them . . .
+1 If you like a certain style over another, that’s all that really matters. Personally, of the three, the bottom image is the one I find most attractive, but if you're leaning towards the second version, then by all means go for it.

Have always liked the quote in wildirish's signature, and feel it's appropriate here:

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Those all black wheels would bother me, too, and glad you're going with something more to your taste. Nice job on the 'shops, by the way.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.
SilberVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:17 AM   #4
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
Yeah, gotta go with what you like personally in the end...the minute I saw that lowered sedan with 162s I knew I had to have em haha. They have some nice concave and I think they will look great once I get around to purchasing some ground control coilovers

Those M6 wheels are sweet!

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=

Last edited by evanr614; 03-27-2015 at 01:18 AM.
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #5
HarleyRob

My Ride: '04 330Ci
All of those look better than the all black. I'm not a fan at all!!

Of the two you pictured both are nice. I like #2 personally. Can't go wrong with either though!

btw, what size?

Last edited by HarleyRob; 03-27-2015 at 08:32 AM.
HarleyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
My vote is for the 162's but then again my future wheels will be Apex or similar due to weight.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #7
Poncho@home

My Ride: MY04 330Cic ZSP
Both look good. Go with what you like better and stop worrying about others.
Poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #8
BaliDawg
Keepin' it real stock

My Ride: E24 E32 E46 E39 E84
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanr614 View Post
Really been itching to get rid of my black wheels that come on the car when I got it.

I know there will be some criticism because a lot of people on here dont like E90 wheels on E46 but i've see some that have been done really well in person!

I'm assuming most people are going to like the 197s on the bottom but I'm leaning towards the 162s. The top is currently what I have, a set of TSW's that are sorta aggressive. I can get a set of either from local salvage yards for quite cheap, and even have em refinished/touched up for cheap if I have to.

The second pic attached is an absolutely beautiful sedan that I've been inspired by.

(Did the shopping real fast while I was bored tonight)
Actually like the 162's (middle). Jeeze, look at the size of those rotors!!!

Saw an E46 coupe with those last year and it looked good (IMHO).

Tags
162, 197, wheel