E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
rangerfan93

My Ride: 2003 325Ci
Transmission Cog Wheel

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me help with my e46. Let me give you some info on the car before i tell you whats exactly wrong. It is a 2003 325Ci with 117k miles on it. well maintained oil changes at the dealership every 7k miles. I put angle eyes in 2 years ago and led taillights and side markers last year. I replaced the VANOS unit last year (just chose to get a whole new unit with new seals instead of changing the seals myself from Dr. Vanos). other then that ive never had to do any work on her except the vanos. Well it begins a few months ago when i was at a stop light and i was in drive and had my foot on the brake the car felt like it dropped out of drive and went into trans limp mode. drove it off to the side and cycled the car and it was gone. thought it was a fluke thing. well today i was the bank drive through and it did the same thing but cycling the car off didnt work. i had to drive it an hour home in limp mode because disconnecting the battery or cycling the car didnt turn off limp mode. when i got home i connected my bmw diagnostic computer to the car and pulled the trans code attached. i was wonderin if anyone would know of the exact issue that would be causing the problem. i just dont wanna be looking for a needle in a haystack. i was able to clear and its not there when starting the car now. even if someone knows what may be causing it it would be great
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8-28-15.pdf (8.7 KB, 94 views)
rangerfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
bach212

My Ride: bmw e46 330i
Wheel speed sensor or the ( transmission range sensor - shifter on the gearbox)
bach212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cog, e46, stall, trans, transmission