E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #81
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I have had my D5150 for about a year now. I wish I had waited, or wish Eonon had made D5150 that ACTUALLY WORKED!!! Congrats to those that got the batch that the mic does work. For the rest of us that got the non working sets, we are left with finding modifications.
Anyway, I'll be trying KingArthur's external mod this weekend. Though it was very easy, drilling a bigger hold didn't exactly work for me.
Next, is the rear view camera! ;-)
Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #82
Jethro_the_Pilot

My Ride: 2005 325 CI
I have had my D5150 for a year and it has worked great. Mic works ok with the top up and A/C on low. The unit does get a little unstable sometimes when I am in navigation mode and switch back and forth between screens. I Know It Is the I-go navigation program that doesn't play well sometimes with the D5150 unit. Overall great unit for the money.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Jethro

"Pressurized Aluminum Tube Driver"
Jethro_the_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #83
Razz617

I agree with you Jethro. Aside from a few little things, it's ok.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #84
grapaslingo

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Well, I think I messed something up soldering last night. I was trying to heat the points to remove the little mic on the board, and nothing would budge so I finally just applied pressure and removed it with pliers. I tried to be as careful as I could be. I soldered to the little nubs that were left over, but I have no mic function whatsoever. Does anyone know if using a stereo 2.5MM female adapter instead of a mono one would affect anything?

Thanks,
And if anyone wants to solder this thing for me, I'll give them a $100,000.00 bucks.
grapaslingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #85
Razz617

Fixed yet grapaslingo?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #86
grapaslingo

No, it's a long sordid story, that mainly has to do with my ineptitude. Here's the short version: I cut corners way too often.

Here's the longer version in case you want a laugh:
When I installed the Eonon about 9 months ago, I had a bunch of issues. For one thing, obviously I needed to route the cable through from the back so I needed to remove trim panels. When I tried putting back on the back passenger trim panel, for the life of me I could not get those little plastic clips to go in right. Finally I just hammered the hell out of it and broke. every. single. one. This coupled with the fact that somehow I lost the armrest bolts meant that the trim panel was held on only by the force of the seat and hope.

Also, my radio reception was also crap. Someone here finally helped me sort that out. My bluetooth audio was also crap. As was everyone else's.

And finally, I wired the illumination light to the tail light fuse. Which meant that (apparently) every time my car sent a pulse check along the wires to the lights to make sure they worked, the Eonon would brighten and dim like a freak of nature.

So I decided to fix all this stuff in one fell swoop. I ordered new clips for the trunk (oh yeah, broke those too) and trim panels, a passive mic just like the one recommended in this thread, and the female adapter. I did not, however, order desolder stuff, because I thought this out logically and figured: "Sounds hard." I also picked up some tennis balls to try and fix the rattle in the trunk with the sub. Then I set to work.
...Poorly.
My goal was to: 1. fix the mic issue, 2. Fix the trim issue. 3. Fix the epilepsy inducing light issue. 4. Break my arm and all will to live shoving tennis balls into orifices.

Of all these things, I successfully fixed the trunk rattle of all things. I didn't get the mic working because I don't think I desoldered correctly, either because my gun sucks or I didn't have the magic wick thing, or because of the aforementioned retardation. I managed somehow to mix up the wires to fix the illumination problem and WIRED THE BACKUP CAMERA TRIGGER TO THE ASHTRAY LIGHT. So yeah, now when I turn on my lights, the Eonon goes nuts trying to put the backup camera on. I also didn't fix the seat trim issue. I'm not convinced it's possible. Those ^&%@ing little plastic clips are made in Hades for Satan.

I ordered a new solder gun and desoldering stuff. I am hoping against hope I didn't totally mess anything up on the board...

So there you have it. Sorry for the long rant, but I wanted to share my pain.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #87
Razz617

LOVE IT!!! LMAO!! Thanks for the laughter this morning, bro. Did you try turning down the brightness to dashboard to the left of the steering wheel to fix the "epilepsy inducing light issue"? I had same issue & that fixed it for me.
Good luck.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #88
grapaslingo

I think your fix may have worked for the headlight issue. honestly, I'm so tired and annoyed with the mic issue I didn't have time to really test it.

Strike...three on the bluetooth mic. I unsoldered everything until it looked like the pics, then set to work. I soldered and then tested, no love. Then I figured, maybe I should try the white wire instead of the red (white usually means left channel, mono, correct?) Nope.

It sounds like a a really loud buzz on the other end. If I tap the mic really hard, I can *kind of* hear a noise. I tried another mic, just to be on the safe side. Same thing.

Did I completely hose the board? Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #89
starfox5194

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Has anyone looked into adding Wifi functionality for miracast to the D5150? I'm wondering if we could just get a usb wifi adapter supported by windows CE 6.0.

Last edited by starfox5194; 09-12-2014 at 08:49 PM.
starfox5194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #90
ALBAGHDADI

My Ride: Ford
Mic Specifications

Thanks a lot . I shall do the same to my aftermarket DVD/GPS but , I am wondering what should be the impedance in ohm of the Mic ?

Regards
ALBAGHDADI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #91
andrewrr

My Ride: E46 330ci
Simply Professional and very useful
andrewrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #92
andrewrr

Hi All/ Thekingarthur,

i have recently bought a D5150F http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...W/GA5150F.html for my E330Ci Convertible and running fine, except the Steering wheel controllers are not working . Any idea? CAN BUS DECODER fitted too.

any idea will be highly appreciated.

thanks
Old 07-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #93
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrr View Post
Hi All/ Thekingarthur,

i have recently bought a D5150F http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...W/GA5150F.html for my E330Ci Convertible and running fine, except the Steering wheel controllers are not working . Any idea? CAN BUS DECODER fitted too.

any idea will be highly appreciated.

thanks
Hi andrewrr, could you kindly PM us with your order number for checking? Don't worry, we will try best to provide help.

About the steering wheel control, here are some tips:
1. Please make sure all wires are well connected.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the CANBUS decoder to have a try.
3. Shift your car to reverse gear, and check if there is image shown on the screen or not?

Thanks.

Welcome to check our cool new GA7150 BMW E46 Android 6.0 Car GPS with 12GB for Apps, more powerful and intelligent than ever!

15 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:14 AM   #94
andrewrr

Hi There,

thanks for the quick reply. Transaction ID : 587875035021 will this be enough.

i have purchased from below ebay dealer
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311371842473

thanks
Old 07-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #95
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrr View Post
Hi There,

thanks for the quick reply. Transaction ID : 587875035021 will this be enough.

i have purchased from below ebay dealer
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311371842473

thanks
Hi andrewrr, thanks for the info., since you bought the item from ebay, we have informed them and the related customer service will contact you soon by email to help you solve the problem. Have a nice weekend.

Welcome to check our cool new GA7150 BMW E46 Android 6.0 Car GPS with 12GB for Apps, more powerful and intelligent than ever!

15 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, d5150, eonon, mic, microphone