E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
bunches7399

My Ride: 2004 325xi
Angel Eye Recommendations?

Ive been looking at headlights online and Ive been wondering what were some good smoked looking angel eye headlights? Cost doesnt mean too much, but I wouldnt mind getting a good deal out of it also.

Also, what are your thoughts on parts from ebay? I had a gsx before and got a lot of parts and never had any problems but people always recommend against it.
bunches7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: 04 E46
i've seen many people getting the orion v2/v4 opaque for their sedans.

you can get them on umnitza
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanRot325ci View Post
i've seen many people getting the orion v2/v4 opaque for their sedans.

you can get them on umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunches7399 View Post
Ive been looking at headlights online and Ive been wondering what were some good smoked looking angel eye headlights? Cost doesnt mean too much, but I wouldnt mind getting a good deal out of it also.

Also, what are your thoughts on parts from ebay? I had a gsx before and got a lot of parts and never had any problems but people always recommend against it.
You can get only a couple of "similar" items on eBay that you can from us. But our most successful products cannot be found or copied on eBay.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&stream_ref=10

Give us a call.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=umnitza

Last edited by umnitza; 02-19-2014 at 11:27 AM.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i,05 745,03 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunches7399 View Post

Are you replacing the entire headlight or just adding angel eyes? I wouldn't buy anything for a BMW on ebay. There is just too much junk on there and I've seen many people end up with knock off parts when they thought they were buying oem.

Also it looks like you just joined here so if you just got your E46 be sure to get all your maintenance up to date before messing around with lighting and mods. Just a suggestion as we see many new people come here and ignore the warnings then end up with issues because they spent all their cash on modding and skipped the important stuff. Good luck and there is some great info on here that will point you in the right direction as to what usually needs refreshed on these cars as they get old.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
PapiOcho

My Ride: CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post

You can get only a couple of "similar" items on eBay that you can from us. But our most successful products cannot be found or copied on eBay.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...&stream_ref=10

Give us a call.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=umnitza

Hey, thanks for posting. I sent you an email last week and haven't heard back.

Thanks

PapiOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Go with the Umnitza v2s. I have them for over five years with zero issues. Makes the front end a lot meaner and updated.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #7
BranchTwenty1

My Ride: '04 330Ci Vert 6-Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Go with the Umnitza v2s. I have them for over five years with zero issues. Makes the front end a lot meaner and updated.

Hey Solidjake,

Just curious as to why you recommend the v2s over the v4s. Aren't the 4's supposed to be way better? I'm wondering since they are brighter and should have the same reliability that you spoke of. Just curious as to what your thoughts are, sir. Thanks!
BranchTwenty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
Justinz

My Ride: N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
don't buy ae from umnitza, ebay has same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
should be a hint shouldn't it?

big fin deal, you can hit em with a hammer

it's just, there are no hammers inside my light lenses, and in the event of a severe impact , the cost of new ae will be the last thing on my mind

as far as under water , i have an e46, not a submarine
lol +1 I got ebay ae's they do look a little different from the umnitza ones but still look good without the price. + most of the ae's on ebay have some type of warranty or guarantee.
Justinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
jiggz

My Ride: E90 M3|E70 X5 50i
Why do you want angel eyes?

They look stupid on the E46. They never came stock on this car, so they just scream aftermarket. Especially with the latest stuff on the market….waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo bright….

I installed them back in 2004 on my 325i….they were cool back then….unique…different….but now they are completely played out and way too bright.

Go ahead and install them…just one more thing to give me a good laugh
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
SK8URDEAD

My Ride: TopazBlu 325I
i got lucky i got mine from khoalty 4 years ago when they had them for $50. still run perfectly lol but now they cost $150.
Umnitza MTech II Body Kit, M3 Steering wheel, ZHP Weighted Shift Knob, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Khoalty LED Tail lights, LED Corners, Bimman LED Side markers, Long CAI, Koni FSD's + B&G Lowering Springs, Black Suede Headliner + Pillars, Thule 753 Roof Rack n Fairing, AvinAvant2, 5% Rear 20% Front Tint. No such thing as DONE lol.
SK8URDEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #11
philliplong

My Ride: 2002 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Why do you want angel eyes?

They look stupid on the E46. They never came stock on this car, so they just scream aftermarket. Especially with the latest stuff on the market….waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo bright….

I installed them back in 2004 on my 325i….they were cool back then….unique…different….but now they are completely played out and way too bright.

Go ahead and install them…just one more thing to give me a good laugh
We have ourselves a hipster over here! :p

Last edited by philliplong; 03-29-2014 at 12:22 AM.
philliplong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #12
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BranchTwenty1 View Post
Hey Solidjake,

Just curious as to why you recommend the v2s over the v4s. Aren't the 4's supposed to be way better? I'm wondering since they are brighter and should have the same reliability that you spoke of. Just curious as to what your thoughts are, sir. Thanks!

I never mentioned the v4 just said I have the v2 with no issues.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #13
Bimmer_girl

My Ride: E46 330xi
HELP Angel eye recommendation needed!

Hi I have an E46 330xi 2003 BMW. I want to buy some angel eyes not over 100$ with all the necessary parts to install them. Any suggestions??
Bimmer_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #14
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Orion COB Lite. $89.99
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel eyes, angel eyes head lights, ebay, head lights