E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #61
alp330ine

My Ride: 2001 S54 Sedan 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstallion93 View Post
I think Bimmer Performance Center has a little get together every so often. I think another shop does a cars and coffee thing, but I cannot remember what shop it is. I think it's an all euro car thing.
I need to find out myself, I'd like to go to a few!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
If you find out any others, i'd appreciate it if you'd let me know, and if you are ever near wendell, feel free to stop by, im right near the Siemens building. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDizz View Post
Hey man, awesome build. I've been thinking about swapping an s54 into my 01 330i as well but im kind of curious how easy it was in reality. In your thread you make it seem pretty plug and play which is awesome, as for wiring it in was everything pretty plug and play? What all did you use off the M3 just to get the motor and tranny working?
Thank you! It really is not that hard, if I had a helping hand I could have done it within a few days. All of the mechanical bits are plug and play, you can even hook up most of the connectors without changing anything and everything should work fine, you will just have a lit up dashboard. Pretty much what you need to get the motor and tranny working is the dme, ews, and the ignition tumbler. This time around, I will take more in depth pictures and might even write up a diy. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karou254 View Post
WoW! You really know your way around your stuff. I just bought my first BMW about 3 weeks ago, 01 330Ci 5MT, learnt to drive manual on it and I am glad I bought it. I am hoping that one day I will get to mod it. I like the entrepreneural mentality as I myself own a small software company. Gotta tell you, being 21, going to school and running a business isn't easy so I definitely hand it to you. Good luck to you on the new project you have cooking. Might even drive down to SC to look at it when its done. Stay focused!
Appreciate it, and yea it definitely isn't easy! I am in Raleigh now, and whenever you want to stop by just let me know. Doors are always open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeammer View Post
Interested in selling the swapped 330i ? The one that you plan to part out?

Sorry, that is going to be my donor car.

Alright a few updates now. I have been very busy with getting my name out over here, and have about 10 cars I am parting out at the moment. I also bought a wagon.... a 2002 325it. It does have minor frame damage, but alignment is perfect, this wagon is most likely going to be my daily during the swap. I will post a few pics tomorrow!

On the other hand, I just hit 200k last week on the original engine and transmission. I am not sure how much longer before I park the car to start the swap. I might start taking apart the green car in the meantime and get the s54 back into pristine condition. I started compiling a parts list of everything I will be replacing during the swap, and plan on placing orders soon.

If anyone needs any parts off of a 1980 E21 320i or a 2002 325i (Manual trans), let me know. I am willing to ship small things.

Thanks and have a good day!
alp330ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #62
superstallion93

My Ride: 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by alp330ine View Post
If you find out any others, i'd appreciate it if you'd let me know, and if you are ever near wendell, feel free to stop by, im right near the Siemens building. Thanks!

Thank you! It really is not that hard, if I had a helping hand I could have done it within a few days. All of the mechanical bits are plug and play, you can even hook up most of the connectors without changing anything and everything should work fine, you will just have a lit up dashboard. Pretty much what you need to get the motor and tranny working is the dme, ews, and the ignition tumbler. This time around, I will take more in depth pictures and might even write up a diy. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Appreciate it, and yea it definitely isn't easy! I am in Raleigh now, and whenever you want to stop by just let me know. Doors are always open!

Sorry, that is going to be my donor car.

Alright a few updates now. I have been very busy with getting my name out over here, and have about 10 cars I am parting out at the moment. I also bought a wagon.... a 2002 325it. It does have minor frame damage, but alignment is perfect, this wagon is most likely going to be my daily during the swap. I will post a few pics tomorrow!

On the other hand, I just hit 200k last week on the original engine and transmission. I am not sure how much longer before I park the car to start the swap. I might start taking apart the green car in the meantime and get the s54 back into pristine condition. I started compiling a parts list of everything I will be replacing during the swap, and plan on placing orders soon.

If anyone needs any parts off of a 1980 E21 320i or a 2002 325i (Manual trans), let me know. I am willing to ship small things.

Thanks and have a good day!
Ok man I'll let you know if I see any coming up. I may have to swing by there one day if I ever get a break from work and school myself. Keep up the good work and I might have to bribe you into doing a swap for me!

superstallion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #63
jamestr

My Ride: '01 325it
Welcome to Raleigh. The engine in my 325it recently started going through a quart of oil every 250 miles so I'm contemplating this swap myself. I'm an ex-bmw mechanic so perhaps we could help each other out. Great work on the old one!
jamestr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #64
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstallion93 View Post
Ok man I'll let you know if I see any coming up. I may have to swing by there one day if I ever get a break from work and school myself. Keep up the good work and I might have to bribe you into doing a swap for me!

Appreciate it and you can bribe me with a VK45 for the Datsun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestr View Post
Welcome to Raleigh. The engine in my 325it recently started going through a quart of oil every 250 miles so I'm contemplating this swap myself. I'm an ex-bmw mechanic so perhaps we could help each other out. Great work on the old one!
Thanks and go for it! If you need anything just let me know!

Alright its been a while since the last time I posted because of the usual, school and so on. Most of December I took a family trip to India so didn't get much work done and since I have been back I have been making up for lost time at the shop. Today I finally took some time and started to disassemble the green car, I have sold a few body panels already but I just took off most of the front end today. Here are a few pics!

And here a few pics of the shop itself, it is quite dirty and since it was already dark I didn't take any pics from the outside. Will have outside pics tomorrow!

Detailing corner:

I hope to put in some work tomorrow so I can get the ball rolling. If anyone needs any E46, E21, or E39, G35, Jetta, and E Class parts let me know. I have accumulated a lot of inventory in the past few months! Thanks for looking, I will hopefully have updates and more pics tomorrow

Last edited by alp330ine; 01-31-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:32 PM   #65
alp330ine

More updates! Didn't really do much today in regards to the swap, just pulled the engine and transmission as well as the front suspension. Here are a few pics:

Now here are some pics of the shop, they are panoramas so im not sure how the resolution will come out, sorry.

Ill post again once I have updates! Thanks for looking!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #66
alp330ine

I have a few updates, finally. I acquired my used car dealer license recently and have been busy starting that up with the vast amount of paperwork and what not. I will still be parting out vehicles and plan to buy a lot of e46's and refurbish them and sell them. The dealership name is Executive Auto Collection, I am in the process of building the website and will post details as soon as I publish it.

Now onto the swap, I have been driving the car as my daily driver as I have not had much time to mess with it. Today, just a few hours ago actually, I had someone come and put a deposit on my 207k engine. I will begin stripping the car tomorrow after class. Here are the plans:
+ Swap interior with the green car
+ Install clutch pedal
+ Replace as many bushings as I can
+ Paint fenders, csl trunk, facelift hood, and mtech 2 bumper
+ CLEAN EVERYTHING!
+ Valve adjustment, change all fluids (again), any other maintenance that I come across

I also started making youtube videos, and plan on making a full disassembly video for the e46, step by step. I will also document the whole swap through videos and pictures. Here is the link to my first video :

If anyone wants any specific videos on anything please let me know, I will be disassembling pretty much everything down to the windshield (its cracked).

You can follow me on instagram @executiveautocollection for more frequent updates as well as anything else i'm working on. Feel free to request any tutorials, ill do my best to deliver.

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #67
KendrickC

My Ride: '03 325i
Man, I admire your work.

I wish I could do the same down under, but everything's just too expensive to start up. Mad props! When you're down under you can swap an S54 for me ;D

'03 325 Estoril Blue with some love from:
Turner, ECS, Remus, BMW Performance, G.A.S.,
Beisan, Umnitza, TRS, Radium, and more!
KendrickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #68
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafffyyy View Post
Man, I admire your work.

I wish I could do the same down under, but everything's just too expensive to start up. Mad props! When you're down under you can swap an S54 for me ;D
Appreciate it man! You are definitely right about that, but hey you have to spend money to make money. And if I ever stop being busy I wouldn't mind helping with the swap
Old 04-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #69
Marinerd

My Ride: 04 xiT, 09 328i
This is awesome man. I need to put one in my xiT.
Marinerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #70
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerd View Post
This is awesome man. I need to put one in my xiT.
Thanks! That would be awesome!

Came home early tonight (2am) since I have a test tomorrow and need to study a bit. I was at the shop for a few hours today and had a few customers and also started making videos on front end removal, intake manifold removal, and fender removal. Making videos is tough haha especially not knowing what I should include and what I shouldn't. I will be heading back to the shop around 7am and continue removing the engine and making videos.

Big updates with pictures tomorrow !!

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 AM   #71
alp330ine

Alright so I just finished removing the engine and transmission. I didn't take many pictures during the removal process as I had to get it done as fast as possible, but I have a few before and after. The weather was terrible so the floor is quite messy and because of the time crunch I didn't get a chance to clean it but enjoy the pictures!

And that is all for today. If I get time tomorrow I will remove the rear end and start the cleaning process, this car is going to take a LOT of cleaning!!! Stay tuned for more updates!

As always, thanks for looking!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #72
erickrayos

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
this is exactly what I wanted to do in my 325i! god damn man, props to you. if you were closer to me I would probably ask if you how much would it cost to do all this (including donor car cost).

Anyway how much did you buy the donor car for?
erickrayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #73
BeMyWhip

My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Where do you paint? Do you have a booth?
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #74
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
this is exactly what I wanted to do in my 325i! god damn man, props to you. if you were closer to me I would probably ask if you how much would it cost to do all this (including donor car cost).

Anyway how much did you buy the donor car for?
Appreciate it man, if I recall correctly I had the m3 to my door around 6500 and I will have to go back and calculate how much else I've spent, I'll post a total once I'm done with the current swap, its pretty high..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
Where do you paint? Do you have a booth?
I rent out a paint booth from one of my buddies, once classes finish I will be building an outdoor booth with a filtration system.

Didn't do anything in regards to the swap but stripped a civic and worked on a e46 330ci.

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:13 AM   #75
erickrayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp330ine View Post
Appreciate it man, if I recall correctly I had the m3 to my door around 6500 and I will have to go back and calculate how much else I've spent, I'll post a total once I'm done with the current swap, its pretty high..

I rent out a paint booth from one of my buddies, once classes finish I will be building an outdoor booth with a filtration system.

Didn't do anything in regards to the swap but stripped a civic and worked on a e46 330ci.

Thanks for looking!

I expected it to be high, this swap is not for practicality but if you wanna be unique and one of the few who have it then its for you. I wanted to have an e46 M3 (4dr) so this was in my options but I don't have the skills and resources that you have so it will cost a lot more for me than for you.

Anyways looking forward on the end product! so far I've only seen one did a full M3 swap into their 323i (I believe, If I remember it right) and that thing came out better than a factory car.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #76
alp330ine

Quote:
I expected it to be high, this swap is not for practicality but if you wanna be unique and one of the few who have it then its for you. I wanted to have an e46 M3 (4dr) so this was in my options but I don't have the skills and resources that you have so it will cost a lot more for me than for you.

Anyways looking forward on the end product! so far I've only seen one did a full M3 swap into their 323i (I believe, If I remember it right) and that thing came out better than a factory car.
Appreciate it man, and yea I know which one you are talking about, there are quite a few of s54 swaps on the forum, although i'm not sure if they swapped the rear end and brakes as well.

I posted a new video today introducing the car and the swap. I hope to have a DIY video up tomorrow. Here is the intro:

Thanks for looking!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #77
alp330ine

Posted a video of removing the front end today. You can watch it here:

Received my mtech2 front bumper cover today as well. I might end up placing an order for an mtech2 rear as well, not sure yet. Also I was debating eBay headers for the s54, I plan on ordering most of the parts I want/need by the end of this week so that I can get on with the swap.

As always, thanks for looking!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM   #78
evanr614

My Ride: used 2 have 2 pedals
You're crazy. (compliment)
hahahaha

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #79
erickrayos

can't wait for the end product! if I have the money, I'd let you do this to my 325i and then some! xD

I am excited for you man!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #80
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanr614 View Post
You're crazy. (compliment)
hahahaha
I get that way too much lol! Appreciate it!

Quote:
can't wait for the end product! if I have the money, I'd let you do this to my 325i and then some! xD

I am excited for you man!
Me too man! I can't wait to have it done!

So I am planning a cross country trip either in the middle of June or the middle of July. I plan to take a 2 week vacation and drive the S54 Sedan from Raleigh to California with my sister and gf. If anyone has any places they would like to recommend for us to visit I would really appreciate it. Also if anyone wants to check out the car (not drive, no one touches the pedals besides me lol) I am up for it! I will post a full itinerary once its complete. Thanks for looking!

Tags
330i, facelift sedan, s54 swap