E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #21
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three28iguy View Post
AFAIK? acroynym for...?
As far as I know AFAIK is as far as I know.

LMGTFY
Old 08-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #22
Skiddkid

My Ride: BMW E46 330ci
Just ordered my kit it should be here tomorrow! Can't wait I'll post pictures of before and afters
Skiddkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:44 PM   #23
RelaxIN

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Need a little help on this topic, I'm slightly color blinded... I just installed a set of Orion AE 6000... and now people are telling me that my factory headlights and driving lights are a different color. If I had to replace my factory headlight & driving light bulbs to match the 6000 AE's what would you recommend...? the car is a 2001 330 with factory lights.. any thoughts...??
RelaxIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #24
Skiddkid

My Ride: BMW E46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxIN View Post
Need a little help on this topic, I'm slightly color blinded... I just installed a set of Orion AE 6000... and now people are telling me that my factory headlights and driving lights are a different color. If I had to replace my factory headlight & driving light bulbs to match the 6000 AE's what would you recommend...? the car is a 2001 330 with factory lights.. any thoughts...??
Are you looking to go back Factory? And I'm posting pictures of the lights I just got them today and they look amazing! Went with 8000
Skiddkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #25
RelaxIN

No... what I'm saying is... The car still has all of the factory lights with the exception of the AE's that I recently installed which are Orion 6000... I like the color of the AE's so I want to change my factory bulb's to match the AE's... does that make sense...?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #26
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
So just buy osram or phillips bulbs at 6000K and you're set.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #27
RelaxIN

Okay... I wasn't sure if the 6000k Phillips bulbs would be the same shade or temperature color as the AE.. I know sometimes the colors vary per manufactures...
Old 09-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #28
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
I am not sure if this is the right place to post. Anyway, I installed the AE on my 330 CIC for couple years now. Took the vert in for service due to the roof top recently. Got the car back and now my AE is not working. Ordered a new set, replaced both AE and the hardness, wired exactly as I did before (wired into accessories wire - red/white with yellow stripes) and the darn thing still not working. Is it possible for the shop to turn off this function?

Thanks,
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #29
taylor192

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppham View Post
I am not sure if this is the right place to post. Anyway, I installed the AE on my 330 CIC for couple years now. Took the vert in for service due to the roof top recently. Got the car back and now my AE is not working. Ordered a new set, replaced both AE and the hardness, wired exactly as I did before (wired into accessories wire - red/white with yellow stripes) and the darn thing still not working. Is it possible for the shop to turn off this function?

Thanks,
Hard wire it to 12V to check if they light up, if they do then your wiring is bad somewhere.

There should be no way to disable the "accessory on" wire in the compartment under the hood...
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #30
pppham

I will try to hard wire it today. It just bugged the crap out of me why both were bad. With eng. is on, I have tested the accessory wire and got 14v in the fuse box in front of driver side. I have checked the +wires from AE go to +pos on the front of passenger side and got 14v. You mentioned wiring is bad somewhere - are you talking about the AE hardness?
Old 09-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #31
taylor192

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppham View Post
I will try to hard wire it today. It just bugged the crap out of me why both were bad. With eng. is on, I have tested the accessory wire and got 14v in the fuse box in front of driver side. I have checked the +wires from AE go to +pos on the front of passenger side and got 14v. You mentioned wiring is bad somewhere - are you talking about the AE hardness?
The AE only hooks up to ground, 12V, and accessory on (and remote trigger if you use the dimming feature).

If you hookup accessory on to 12V and it still doesn't work, then something is wrong with the AE harness. I think the AE harness has a fuse, did you check that?
Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #32
pppham

Yes, fuse is good.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #33
pppham

Got home from work yesterday, hard wires the old one to the battery - no light (as I suspected). hard wires the new one - and there is no light (oh crap!) Now what? Further inspection of all wires, I noticed the wire that connected to our car accessories cable had a kink about 50mm from the end. Tested for continuity and got nothing. I decided to cut couple mm behind the kink, stripped, connected to the battery - and there is light.

Taylor192, you are correct. It was a bad *&^&ing wire (the one that connect to accessory cable). I can not believe DOA for a new product. L&L, never assume, test the product prior to the installation. It should be a 30 mins job, turn out to be two days for me.

Anyway, thanks to all for the advices.

P3

Tags
led, lighting, lighting upgrade