E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #41
Ferklee

My Ride: 2005 325i
Awesome, I don't have the means to get all the tools with my move just yet. So in order to do the Auxiliary port I just take out the stereo and plug in a port?
Ferklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #42
illuminated

My Ride: '99 S2 M3 | 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferklee View Post
Attachment 606083Attachment 606084

Still don't know why I'd get flamed for the window tint. Still looks clean. :p
I think people flame window tint specifically when it's on your windshield(s), due to visibility issues while driving at night. Or they do so because of tints being too dark, as opposed to a more mild amount of tint. Either way, I'm not one of 'em. Clean looking car for sure fella. Excited to see what you do with it! A total steal for 3k, if I picked up on that correctly.

F3RN

Need anything 3D printed? I'm your guy. Send me a pm
illuminated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #43
Ferklee

I like it with silver cars, specifically because of the reason that i like the black on silver look. It has a nice clean appeal to me. And that's what i said. The car is a freaking steal, we were going to list it for 11k.
After going through service shop, our techs on BMWs and Imports charge a retarded amount for labor on these things even if its just changing headlights.
I feel like the headlight covers were replaced recently because they dont have the slightest sign of fogging up or anything. It's super solid. Few scratches here and there that i am not too worried about.
I was kind of hoping, with me moving to greeneville i would run into a fellow member and just kind of... learn the ropes from someone. The car community here in Katy is very very strong.
We just a 2002 BMW 525iA but it was sent directly to auction as a VVO unit because it was a flood car with 385k miles. That's way above average on miles. Averaging almost 30 a year!
I was astounded that the car went that long.. It must have been severely loved. Super clean car, but it was flooded out. Really bad. The electronics cluster was beyond ****ed.

But regarding tint. I did 5% on my Rear Window, My Back windows, 20% on my front 2 windows. 5% Eyebrow. Went against getting the windshield done because i would do a 30% on the front windshield. But moving to tennesse i wouldn't know the cops like i do around here. I do a lot of sales to the police around here, so i mention a few names and they just let me roll if i do get pulled over.

But being 20 i know ill get flamed for the muffler delete and a single res delete.. even if its something i really want to do....
Old 07-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #44
vandyboy

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferklee View Post
I like it with silver cars, specifically because of the reason that i like the black on silver look. It has a nice clean appeal to me. And that's what i said. The car is a freaking steal, we were going to list it for 11k.
After going through service shop, our techs on BMWs and Imports charge a retarded amount for labor on these things even if its just changing headlights.
I feel like the headlight covers were replaced recently because they dont have the slightest sign of fogging up or anything. It's super solid. Few scratches here and there that i am not too worried about.
I was kind of hoping, with me moving to greeneville i would run into a fellow member and just kind of... learn the ropes from someone. The car community here in Katy is very very strong.
We just a 2002 BMW 525iA but it was sent directly to auction as a VVO unit because it was a flood car with 385k miles. That's way above average on miles. Averaging almost 30 a year!
I was astounded that the car went that long.. It must have been severely loved. Super clean car, but it was flooded out. Really bad. The electronics cluster was beyond ****ed.

But regarding tint. I did 5% on my Rear Window, My Back windows, 20% on my front 2 windows. 5% Eyebrow. Went against getting the windshield done because i would do a 30% on the front windshield. But moving to tennesse i wouldn't know the cops like i do around here. I do a lot of sales to the police around here, so i mention a few names and they just let me roll if i do get pulled over.

But being 20 i know ill get flamed for the muffler delete and a single res delete.. even if its something i really want to do....
IMO, the easiest thing to do is contact the police in Greeneville and tell them (or show them) what tint you have. They will tell you if you are compliant with local and state laws. There is a TN Highway Patrol station about a mile from my house. When I bought my Land Rover, which was from out of state and has a dark tint on the rear windows, I took it down to the station; in addition to being very nice, they looked at the tint and gave me an OK. The officer who examined it gave me his business card, too, in case I ever had any problems.

Last edited by vandyboy; 07-11-2015 at 11:38 AM.
vandyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #45
Ferklee

Awesome i may do that. Greeneville is pretty small so i am not all that worried about it.

Hopefully wont get any heat if i give my car a slight purr.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #46
Ferklee

Just realized i have no packages on my car except the cold weather package, but i have the 3 prong steering wheel.. I'm so confused.
I have a sunroof and all the stuff. Full size spare etc...

VIN long WBAEV33465KN98904

Type code EV33

Type 325I (USA)

Dev. series E46 (4FL)

Line 3

Body type LIM

Steering LL

Door count 4

Engine M54

Cubical capacity 2.50

Power 141

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour TITANSILBER METALLIC (354)

Upholstery KUNSTLEDER/SCHWARZ (K4SW)

Prod. date 2005-01-25

Order options
No. Description
1CA SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES

2CP LT/ALY WHEELS STAR SPK.137/ALL SEASON

249 MULTI-FUNCTION FOR STEERING WHEEL

255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

321 EXTERIOR PARTS IN BODY COLOR

403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC

431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D

441 SMOKERS PACKAGE

459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY

473 ARMREST, FRONT

494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

495 3. HEADREST REAR CENTRE

502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM

520 FOGLIGHTS

521 RAIN SENSOR

522 XENON LIGHT

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING

550 ON-BOARD COMPUTER

650 CD PLAYER

676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM

692 CD CHANGER I-BUS PREPARATION

8SP COP CONTROL

818 MAIN BATTERY SWITCH

838 CANADIAN VERSION

896 DAYTIME LIGHTS FUNCTION

925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

926 SPARE WHEEL

Series options
No. Description
210 DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL (DSC)

354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN

411 WINDOW LIFTS, ELECTRIC

645 RADIO CONTROL US

661 RADIO BMW BUSINESS

823 HOT CLIMATE VERSION

832 BATTERY IN LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT

845 ACOUSTIC BELT WARNING

853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH

876 RADIO FREQUENCY 315 MHZ

992 NUMBER PLATE ATTACHEMENT MANAGEMENT
Old 07-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #47
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i
They packaged a bit differently in Canada. Sport suspension was probably no too popular due to snow. So it sounds like you have the equivalent of the cold weather package, premium package, and half the sport package.

^^Blue Ridge Parkway^^ '03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #48
Ferklee

Yes, but no wood grain lol.
Just the standard gray bullshit.

Tags
325i 2005, bmw, sedan