E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #1
Marshmallow

My Ride: Ehhh...
Cool and Clever Accessories and Ideas

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site after purchasing a 2003 325xiT 5-Speed six months ago and so far I have added:
Xenon headlights with Corona Rings
SprintBooster Sport Button
M-Stripes (small, interior, exterior, grill)
BSW Soundplicity iPod Connector
Logo'ed floormats

So this isn't very much in that time and I would like to do much more. I'm just not sure what. I'm really interested in Navigation, rear fog light, and headlight washer retrofit to name a few. I have a whole list but I would like some more. I'd like to know if anybody has added some really cool or clever accessories to their vehicle.

Thanks
Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
lovesm3s

My Ride: '03 330xi 5 speed
how do u like the sprint booster?
lovesm3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Marshmallow

It's great, it switches between 2 settings as well as normal and is like the sport button on the M3, well worth the $300 price. Very simple to install as well.

You can find it here
http://www.bimmian.com/Sprint-Booste...W-E46-3-Series
Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Rickna

My Ride: '01 330xi - '09 IS-F
Welcome to the world of perpetual maintenance.
editt: How many miles?

2001 BMW 330xi
2009 Lexus IS-F

Last edited by Rickna; 06-15-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Rickna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
Marshmallow

bought it 6 months ago with 72k and it just ticked over to 77k. it was never driven much, less than 8k miles a year
Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Please tell me you bought quality projectors and didn't just add in HID bulbs to your halogen headlights...

Rear fogs are easy, you will need a new euro headlight switch and will lose auto on function. There is a DIY on this site.

For nav, look into a Dynavin. It's te easiest way to get it.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 06-17-2012 at 11:22 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
Marshmallow

absolutely not! i am the biggest proponent of oem look and will pay extra for it, if i can figure out how to post pictures in my garage you will see how nice it looks! I've posted the link, they also have angel eyes and are well worth the cost if you want to do them yourself. I went for the full package with everything for about $700

http://www.bimmian.com/Projector-Hea...W-E46-3-Series

And thanks for the other info I'll look into the dynavin because an oem is kinda expensive
Old 06-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Rickna

I've done quite a bit of customizing. IMO, not overstated just personal. So just do what pleases you. You're off to a good start.

2001 BMW 330xi
2009 Lexus IS-F
Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #9
Marshmallow

Thanks rickna and btw did you install the xenons or did they come with the car? your headlights with corona rings look like the ones i bought for mine
Old 06-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
Rickna

The headlights are OEM HID with 6000K bulbs. The rings are Umnitza Orion Predator 6000K. The tint is Lamin-x.

Sent using Bimmer App

2001 BMW 330xi
2009 Lexus IS-F
Old 06-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcollins View Post
absolutely not! i am the biggest proponent of oem look and will pay extra for it, if i can figure out how to post pictures in my garage you will see how nice it looks! I've posted the link, they also have angel eyes and are well worth the cost if you want to do them yourself. I went for the full package with everything for about $700

And thanks for the other info I'll look into the dynavin because an oem is kinda expensive
I mean no offense and I know you paid a lot for those headlights, but there are numerous documented stories about how crappy depo P46 headlights are compared to the OEM projectors. Good news for you is that it's fairly simple (and by simple I mean time consuming) to retrofit quality projectors into those housings.

That said, at least you had the knowledge to use projectors instead of just installing them in your halogens.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Marshmallow

well thanks for the compliment and the insight! i had no idea about any issues with depo products but it's been 6 months so I guess I can't do anything about it now and should hope for the best
Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
SamDoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcollins View Post
well thanks for the compliment and the insight! i had no idea about any issues with depo products but it's been 6 months so I guess I can't do anything about it now and should hope for the best
They won't fail on you or anything, just that the light output is sketchy.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #14
epistaxis2008

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post

Do they have prefacelift coupes with attached corners?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
epistaxis2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
Marshmallow

Wow this is an old thread of mine! You can buy aftermarket xenons but I would go with OEM. They are just better.

Tags
accessories, touring, xi