E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
CJin2552
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 744
My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
WTB: Xenon Headlights

I'm looking to buy some Xenon Projector headlights. I'd prefer them be RetroFitted, just because I don't care to try and rig up D2S in a 2001 BMW 325Ci that came stock with Halogen headlights.

I'd need them to be made for a:
-323Ci (Coupe/Convertible)
-325Ci (Coupe/Convertible)
-328Ci (Coupe/Convertible)
-330Ci (Coupe/Convertible)
ALL PRE-FACELIFT

I currently have the headlights with the black trim around the lights, but I do not mind the silver trim, as long as everything matches.
CJin2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
jack.chris328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 98
My Ride: is a truck.
Just FYI. If you get a set of OEM lights you won't have to "rig" anything. They use the same style plugs to attach to the car harness. The only thing you would need to do is get a set of inline cancelers that are plug and play and you are set to go. If you don't want to use the cancelers then you can just get your care re-programed for xenons. I have a set of OEM bi-xenon coupe ones that would work for your car. But you would need to change the corner lights. As 1999 - 2001 used the "clip-in" style corners then 2002 - 2003 used the "screw-in" type corners. All look the same from the outside and fit the fender the same way. Only difference is how it attaches to the headlight housing. Let me know if you would be interested in those
__________________
jack.chris328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 31,013
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
If you can't find a set of OEM headlights then click projector retrofit in my sig
__________________
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
CJin2552
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 744
My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.chris328 View Post
Just FYI. If you get a set of OEM lights you won't have to "rig" anything. They use the same style plugs to attach to the car harness. The only thing you would need to do is get a set of inline cancelers that are plug and play and you are set to go. If you don't want to use the cancelers then you can just get your care re-programed for xenons. I have a set of OEM bi-xenon coupe ones that would work for your car. But you would need to change the corner lights. As 1999 - 2001 used the "clip-in" style corners then 2002 - 2003 used the "screw-in" type corners. All look the same from the outside and fit the fender the same way. Only difference is how it attaches to the headlight housing. Let me know if you would be interested in those
Would you mind maybe private messaging me some links to pictures of the sides of the housings/assemblies? I have one OEM Xenon assembly that I got out of a salvaged 330Ci Convertible. I'm pretty sure it was a 2003 model, but the sides show that the 'clip-in' corner lights would work.

You wouldn't happen to know how to set all of that up would you? I've heard bad things about putting D2S style bulb systems into cars like mine. I've heard a bunch of things about flicker issues and stuff. If you could provide a walk-through, that would be greatly appreciated.
CJin2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
CJin2552
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 744
My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
If you can't find a set of OEM headlights then click projector retrofit in my sig
I greatly appreciate the RetroFit advice. I love how you painted everything matte black. The only thing I worry about with the RetroFitting my reflector assembly is where to screw in the new projectors, and where I need to cut off the backs of the reflectors, so that the projectors can fit. Those are two of my main reasons why I haven't begun a RetroFit yet.
CJin2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
jack.chris328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 98
My Ride: is a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJin2552 View Post
Would you mind maybe private messaging me some links to pictures of the sides of the housings/assemblies? I have one OEM Xenon assembly that I got out of a salvaged 330Ci Convertible. I'm pretty sure it was a 2003 model, but the sides show that the 'clip-in' corner lights would work.

You wouldn't happen to know how to set all of that up would you? I've heard bad things about putting D2S style bulb systems into cars like mine. I've heard a bunch of things about flicker issues and stuff. If you could provide a walk-through, that would be greatly appreciated.
No problem. Will do.
__________________
jack.chris328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
CJin2552
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 744
My Ride: 2001 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.chris328 View Post
No problem. Will do.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
CJin2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #8
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 31,013
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJin2552 View Post
I greatly appreciate the RetroFit advice. I love how you painted everything matte black. The only thing I worry about with the RetroFitting my reflector assembly is where to screw in the new projectors, and where I need to cut off the backs of the reflectors, so that the projectors can fit. Those are two of my main reasons why I haven't begun a RetroFit yet.
You don't need to cut anything on the headlight assembly itself. That DIY was done by someone else but I made a vid on how to install them. Only cutting needed is trimming down the shrouds. Check it out

__________________
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Asmod3us
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 222
My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to Asmod3us
got a pair for $700 obo, COMPLETE, OEM, good shape!

PMme
__________________
Part outs, parts, cars, etc: Asmod3us's FS Threads
Lots of parts on eBay: eBay Auctions
Asmod3us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
325, assembly, headlight, retrofit, xenon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use