E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Help on plugging an extra sub!!!

922 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bigjae1976 
#1 ·
Hello, first of all let me tell you that 'm new to these forums and I think they're awsome... I spent some time over the weekend reading most of the posts about subs (and there are a lot!) but I'm still not sure on how to do this.

I just bought a 2003 330CI, with foldable back seats (hopefully avoiding the problem about the bass going into the cabin) and with the HK audio system. I have an extra amp (Punch, don't remember model) and a pair of "red" Orion's XTR 12", 4 ohm, dual voice coil, 800 watts RMS, that I had on a previous car, and I want to add one or the two (any suggestions?) sub and the amp to my new car.

This is what I got from the posts so far:
- Use the white wire going into the HK sub amp for remote on the "new" amp to add.
- Ground to the same spot of the ground for current amp (don't know where is it!)
- Power directly to battery in the trunk using 4 gauge wire w/inline fuse.
- Tap into twisted pair of wires closer to the pasenger side with blue and blue/green strip, going into HK 6X9 subs, with a wire to RCA converter and use it as "signals" to the "new" amp.

Could somebody please confirm if this is right, let me know if something's wrong or if I missed something? any wiring diagram will be also greatly appreciated!

I want to keep the whole original HK system (I've seen posts from people saying they kept the 6X9" factory subs as mids, and people that has removed them), just adding this to improve bass. I'm looking forward to have this done this weekend, but need you guys' expert help!

Thanks a lot in advance...

See less See more
#2 ·
bump>>>>>

I have the same question I have a PPI A600 and a audiobahn sub.

Triton said:
Hello, first of all let me tell you that 'm new to these forums and I think they're awsome... I spent some time over the weekend reading most of the posts about subs (and there are a lot!) but I'm still not sure on how to do this.

I just bought a 2003 330CI, with foldable back seats (hopefully avoiding the problem about the bass going into the cabin) and with the HK audio system. I have an extra amp (Punch, don't remember model) and a pair of "red" Orion's XTR 12", 4 ohm, dual voice coil, 800 watts RMS, that I had on a previous car, and I want to add one or the two (any suggestions?) sub and the amp to my new car.

This is what I got from the posts so far:
- Use the white wire going into the HK sub amp for remote on the "new" amp to add.
- Ground to the same spot of the ground for current amp (don't know where is it!)
- Power directly to battery in the trunk using 4 gauge wire w/inline fuse.
- Tap into twisted pair of wires closer to the pasenger side with blue and blue/green strip, going into HK 6X9 subs, with a wire to RCA converter and use it as "signals" to the "new" amp.

Could somebody please confirm if this is right, let me know if something's wrong or if I missed something? any wiring diagram will be also greatly appreciated!

I want to keep the whole original HK system (I've seen posts from people saying they kept the 6X9" factory subs as mids, and people that has removed them), just adding this to improve bass. I'm looking forward to have this done this weekend, but need you guys' expert help!

Thanks a lot in advance...

#3 ·
I think you have to buy an interface to add subs and an Amp. I think its called Blitzsafe. Look on crutchfield and Bavauto.com.

You can do both of the Orions. Wire the voice coils for each sub in series and then wire them together in parallel. You'll have a single 4 ohm load. Check Fosgate's website for more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.