E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Ipod Mini Install

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lonnie_20 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

i got my ipod mini this past thursday, for those who think 1,000 songs plenty it is worth it, it is soo much more compact its awsome.

i want to install it inot my car, i already got the rolltop center to put it inot.

i dont want to spend too much money on the product or the install.

besides the oem aux audio input what are my other options.
i would get the oem audio input but then i wont be able to use the steerign wheel controls.

all your feedback are greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I think as far as the mini goes, you can only hope to feed into the line in with it. I have an iPod maxi ;) and it has a remote control connector on top so I bought the dension kit which allows me to use my steering wheel controls as well as have it straight into my factory sound system. To the best of my knowledge you are not going to be able to do that with your mini HOWEVER I know Alpine is coming out with a head unit that can talk right to your iPod (not sure about the mini) through the HD connectory on the bottom of it.

Good luck :thumbup:

AdamR

#3 ·
here is my install...i think the ice-link will work with the mini
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=129136

btw...i have since wounted the ipod on the passengers side

digitalgm said:
I think as far as the mini goes, you can only hope to feed into the line in with it. I have an iPod maxi ;) and it has a remote control connector on top so I bought the dension kit which allows me to use my steering wheel controls as well as have it straight into my factory sound system. To the best of my knowledge you are not going to be able to do that with your mini HOWEVER I know Alpine is coming out with a head unit that can talk right to your iPod (not sure about the mini) through the HD connectory on the bottom of it.

Good luck :thumbup:

AdamR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.