E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Please Help Now? New Pads = New Rotors?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sunydude 
#1 ·
This is the question. I have a new set of Hawk HPS Ceramic Kevlar composit brake pad for my 330Xi. I have Brembo Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors on now, about 20K on them with the same pads. My shop that I go to for routine maintenance like this told me that I will have to sign a waiver releasing liability if I do not do new rotors with the new pads at the same time.

They say then when you put new pads on the will bed into the rotors making an exact pattern and footprint that is 100% unique to each set up so when I do new pads each time I must also do rotors.

My Brembo rotors look perfect and flawless and they will cost me $1K for 4 of them cause I'm doing all four brakes/both axles.

Is this totally true, or can I save myself over a grand and a week waiting for these by just re using my Brembo rotors??? With my trucks, I will get the rotors resurfaced if they are blank and brakes on those have just been pads and a resurface at most, but I know with drilled and slotted resurfacing is not possible.

Ok, so final!! Is it 100% true that you MUST do NEW ROTORS when you do NEW PADS ??

Thanks,

Jason

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.