E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW HPF full CARBON FIBER BMW E46 Hood GROUP BUY with AGRESSIVE STYLING - $1650

35K views 159 replies 60 participants last post by  Bdave 
#1 · (Edited)
HPF FULL Carbon Fiber BMW E46 Hood

We only build the best and our NEW HPF FULL CARBON FIBER BMW HOOD is no exception to that rule. Our extremely strong Carbon Fiber hood is being built by the same company that builds several of our NEW Carbon Fiber parts. For those who have received them, they will notice that they are EXTREMELY strong, EXTREMELY light, EXTREMELY thin, they fit PERFECT and the finish doesn't fade ever. They've been building extremely complex high quality carbon fiber parts for the aerospace industry for years and have also produced some remarkable hoods that I've seen that meet ALL the requirements listed below and then some. These parts have a much higher melting point as virtually no resin or fiberglass is used and they don't fade even in hotter climates with tons of sun.

The following are our requirements for the HPF BMW E46 Hood.

• It MUST work for most E46's.
  • It MUST have strong internal webbing to support the attachment points to the rear hinges so the hood doesn't flex when you open and close it
  • It MUST have a super strong hood latch so that no hood pins are needed
  • It MUST be fade resistant
  • It MUST be blemish free so the hood can be run without paint
  • It MUST simply bolt on without modifications

Updates are coming soon. :)

Chris.

See less See more
#154 ·
Seattle down pours is not a small little area, you can go from dry roads to 11/2 inches of rain in minutes. Motors operate and stay at a specified range, if this was a real issue motors would be designed differently.

#155 · (Edited)
Wow, this thread deteriorated.
I just want an answer to my question. How WELL is this new hood design that Chris wants to make with NO VENTS, going to reduce the under hood temperatures? Not just in motion, but sitting in traffic too.

I just want to stress the importance of those vents for doing such a good job of getting rid of a substantial amount of heat.

Everything under the hood is going to benefit ffrom lower temps! It is said that SMG pump failure and coil failures can be directly linked to constant exposure to excessive heat.

I just cant see how hard it would be to rig up a sliding door maybe to shut the vents off from rain or excessive road dirt/construction area etc.

I can see the importance of having an OPTION to closing the vents.

If that proves to be too expensive, then how about optional covers? Didn't Vorsteiner offer (for a while) water resistant covers for their louvered vents???

Chris, are you giving this ANY consideration or have you simply made up your mind:"No vents!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.