E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm selling my HPF Drag M3 BEFORE MFEST

6K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Twin_Turbo_S54 
#1 ·
#10 ·
I think they are moving onto a different platform now completely.

Supra -> BMW -> ?

#12 ·
Makes sense. The newest (US) Supra was 8 years old when hpf quietly withdrew from the that scene; it has been 7 years since the last e46 m3 was on sale... For an aftermarket company, it seems that max profits occur not long after warranties expire (and quickly erode as competition builds).

No idea what would come next -- probably won't be an upper middle class straight 6 rwd sport coupe though...

#16 · (Edited)
Ha ha you wish.

We have a large focus with BMW performance being one of them but our core business and web-site is where the majority of our income is generated and that's where we've been focusing many of our resources. With over 3 million parts on-line, we've taken a hard look at shipping prices and weights, how they are displayed, etc. etc.

Now we are focusing on being more competitive with pricing across all brands. You will see a lot of prices drop on our site over the next few weeks. Our new product review feature will be rolled out on Sunday night along with speed improvements.

We're going to continue to focus on web-site speed, we're switching international shipping from UPS to Fed Ex and are going to drop our international shipping prices as a result. We're also probably going to ship all domestic orders 3day even when people order ground because our 3 day rates are now extremely competitive.

Lots of internal changes as well. Erik is now in service with ChrisK. Russ is back full time in sales. We're clearing out things that weren't profitable such as the drag car investment and moving onto projects that we hope will be profitable.

I think every company on the planet that still exists has been doing this sort of thing. If they don't they go bye bye.

Food for thought... :)

#15 ·
I'm not sure if it is because they are going bankupt, I mean they have a lot of assests. It just seems as of late there haven't been really any real R&D for this paltform in a while and with so many other competition out there I'm sure sales are dropping so from a business stand point it might just be better to pull out now and focus on the next new baby boomer..

#20 ·
..... What?!

Regardless of the business end it still was a showcase machine, all the effort and licensing blah blah just to drop it now?

No support from me

#21 ·
Stormer, he is still keeping the Track car.

THAT is the real "showcase machine" for the HPF S54 offerings.

IMO, the Drag car went too far off the S54 Platform reservation at least 18 months ago.

#22 ·
Myself and others for years complained about the ridiculously overpriced kits and components. Now a better turbo kit is coming to market that's when you'll see HPF turbo kit prices drop. For me and maybe others it won't make a difference I won't go the HPF route. I will say the customer service at HPF is amazing but at the end of the day cost and product quality wins. Chris has done amazing things for the M3 community...sorry HPF fan boys your day is coming to a close.

#23 ·
Thanks for the compliments. We're definitely not leaving the M3 market, that's for sure. This week alone we finished 2 more M3's and 2 Supras and still have 4 more M3's in the shop getting work done. You haven't seen me on the forums much because I'm a computer programmer and have been working on our web-site solid since November. I'll keep you guys posted with the sale of the drag M3. The new owner will get quite the experience.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.