E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Do they make chrome light weights?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mvrk10256 
#1 ·
I feel I might know the answer to my own question: because cast/forged is pitted. I would like to be wrong. Has anyone seen 18" light weights that are chrome that are hub centric for the BMW?

#2 · (Edited)
Not trying to be funny, but chrome and light weight doesn't exactly go together. The chrome process adds metal plating to the wheel, which means additional weight. Now you could chrome plate a light weight wheel, but that would defeat the purpose. A light weight chrome wheel would be relative to other chrome wheels.

If you want a bright & shiny wheel, then get a polished wheel. If you want chrome, then get what you like and live with the weight penalty.

#3 · (Edited)
Please dont put chrome wheels on your ///m. And to answer your question.. as stated before, no

edit: mvrk10256: i was not aware of this. Learn somethin new everyday.
OP- Look i know i have no right to tell you what to do with YOUR car, but please dont put chrome wheels on it. Makes you look like a bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.