E46 Fanatics Forum banner

My car's progress

54K views 258 replies 71 participants last post by  E46 Coupe 
#1 ·
So I thought I'd keep a journal of my car's progression. Bought in March 2011, a 2004 E46 M3 Jet Black with about 83,000kms. Stock except for colour matched front kidney grills. I don't know why the previous owner didn't change the side gills too.

Attachments

See less See more
#76 ·
Thanks Adin! After doing some research, I set the KWs to the recommended setting that a few owners had theirs set to. I haven't played around with it yet, I need to sort out some time and adjust the shocks to see how it alters the ride. The wheels don't give me any problems so I probably could soften it up a bit.

Video of intake!!!
Assuming the dixis comes through, I'll make a vid once it's installed :)

#75 ·
Well, I didn't want to get ahead of myself before it was official but it was hard not to :excited: Anyway, just last night I transferred the funds...so I guess that's official enough? Here it is:

For those who don't know, it's a dixis titanium exhaust - [Sen] guessed right. A beautiful piece and super rare. Since owning a j4p car previously, I've had a soft spot for j4p parts. Ever since buying the M3 I've wanted to add some JDM flavour to it. Very excited!

Attachments

#82 ·
Hmm, bad news. What we thought was going to be $US300-400 shipping, the seller now thinks FedEx and UPS quotes are close to $1k. Not keen on paying that much for an exhaust! Surely other places can ship it cheaper? $1k is what you pay to ship a set of wheels!? The exhaust is big I assume, but it's also light (like 5-6kgs). Anyone had any dealings with international shipping from the US? I've only dealt with FedEx and UPS and their quotes have been reasonable...but if it's $1k? Errr...

#94 ·
Today I got the dixis installed as well as new front rotors and took the opportunity to install akebono ceramic pads. Wanted to try ceramic pads as the oem pads produce so much brake dust! I haven't had a good chance to drive the car, but driving around town here are my first impressions:

Akebono pads - Feels like oem. Brake bite is good and stopping feels just like my previous oem pads. No squeaks, nothing.

Dixis exhaust - On idle sounds like oem. Was very surprised how quiet it is on idle. I remember my custom exhaust on my EVO was much louder on idle. As the revs go up, it does get quite loud, but still tolerable :D Cruising at 60km/hr is fine, no drone. Will have to see tomorrow when I take her to work when I drive on the highway.

My mechanic couldn't get the dixis to sit perfectly. The right side sits a bit lower but he got it as best he can. It's not too bad.

Attachments

#97 ·
Thanks! Yes it's a beautiful piece.

Amazing!!! Grats man

Maybe the exhaust hangers are worn or broken or put on the wrong way around?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bimmer App
Thanks! Yeah well the original hangers broke, so the previous owner put custom hangers on. My mechanic said my existing exhaust mounts are okay. It's not bad anyway, can't really notice the fitment issue unless you really look.

I'll try get some clips of the sound. It's definitely different to other exhausts.

#96 ·
Amazing!!! Grats man

Maybe the exhaust hangers are worn or broken or put on the wrong way around?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.