E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Watch out for eBay crap!!!

31K views 252 replies 82 participants last post by  wasp9166 
#1 ·
I spent $40 on an "OEM quality and fit" air cabin microfilter. A day after I installed it my service engine soon indicator came on, I was freaking out and went to Autozone to do a free diagnostic and code P1624 came on which is a "Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Channel 1 Electrical" whatever the hell that is. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car so I removed that ebay air cabin filter and the service engine soon indicator turned off. What a rip off! Waste of $40. On top of all that it didn't even fit right, when I removed the ebay airfilter the filter was all smashed. :censor:

#201 · (Edited)
Cabin microfilter won't throw a code. Clumsy installation disturbing underbonnet wiring may ?

Almost as bad as the "help, my dashboard lights keep flickering" thread. In which after several people tried to help finally he reveals that he had messed with his battery connections a couple of weeks before and maybe not quite tightened them up properly.

Hmmm, 2 + 2 = ??

#217 ·
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/FAKE-DOG-POOP-CRAP-TURD-NOVELTY-GAG-PRANK-SAVE-1-00_W0QQitemZ360071596980QQihZ023QQcategoryZ1469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">an example of the crap sold on ebay</a>

#231 ·
I have got some good deals off Ebay...and been ripped off as well. But I have also been ripped off hard by 2 Fanatics. It is pretty much a gamble either way unless you have the parts in your hand and can look at them, check the quality and hand over the cash. And hell ya, Walmart has the best deals on Mobil 1...too bad they do not sell 0W-40 at the stores out here that I have found. Got my XM radio tuner and Blitz off Ebay for 70 bucks...one hell of a deal to me.

#232 ·
Really fishy intentions in this post, i see you made a lot of new friends here in e46 fanatics
Join date July 2008
Date complained about ebay item July 2008

Did you join just to destroy the ebayer's/ebay's reputation? Did you try contacting the person who sold it to you? They usually reply.

Sorry about the error code lighting up but i dont think it takes rocket science to reset the code.

#234 ·
Just to keep this going......back in 2005 my Chevy Silverado k1500, the wipers stopped working...known problem with the circuit board. Dealship wanted $200 for the circuit board and Ebay seller wanted 20 bucks. I took my chances......the wipers still work today!

Have yet to buy any bimmer stuff on Ebay. Wait..I bought a BMW keychain that was a piece of crap....now I'm confused ...:hmm: Anyway, some savings can be had...moral of the story I guess....

#245 ·
Well on page 6 of the Owners Manuel it says "Only Use OEM cabin filter... Not Ebay POS. If Ebay POS is used MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) Will illuminate" I’m Not making this up page 6, Right next to how to add blinker fluid and tune your Fuel Injected turbo Charged brake lines oh and how to get unicorns out of your throttle body ...... Tell you what, I go to a tech school as I am on my way to becoming a BMW tech. I will ask one of the BMW teachers if this is at possible. If he thinks it is I will buy you 1 cookie of your choice. If in fact it is BS then you must supply Cookies for all.

#247 · (Edited)
GREAT NEWS GUYS!

I just drove from Cincinnati to Madison, WI at 75MPH without a cabin filter in place in my 2000 323iT and got 35MPG! OMG! The cabin filter chokes your engine! TAKE IT OUT IMMEDIATELY! FREE HORSEPOWER AND ECONOMY! :excited::excited::excited:

Never did get a CEL......

And I'm not kidding about the mpg.:str8pimpi But I am kidding about the filter being the cause (I had to put that in there-someone already PM'ed me telling me I was an idiot....:rolleyes:)

Dear OEMguy: you are wrong. But you already knew that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.