E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #81
Novablue454

My Ride: 1999 328i
Thanks for all the kind words!

I'll be sure to post more pics and video once I get the car back late this week. I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno! Hoping for 350whp but we will see!
Novablue454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #82
87Euro

My Ride: 04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
Thanks for all the kind words!

I'll be sure to post more pics and video once I get the car back late this week. I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno! Hoping for 350whp but we will see!
350 rwhp throuhg a t-56 and with the CTS-V engine stock will be achieveable and surpassed easily - with you running a short belt, headers and exhaust, and after tuned I would expect closer to 400 rwhp maybe more depending on the tune - BUT I just realized you are in Colorado so that would be SAE corrrected and I guess 350 at the wheels would be uncorrected?

I have personally seen CTS-V with LS6 with just headers, exhaust, tune, and cam put down 480 rwhp in Florida so there is that.

Regardless - will make the car alot more flickable and work is moving fast - LOVE finding builds like this
Old 04-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #83
Novablue454

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Euro View Post
350 rwhp throuhg a t-56 and with the CTS-V engine stock will be achieveable and surpassed easily - with you running a short belt, headers and exhaust, and after tuned I would expect closer to 400 rwhp maybe more depending on the tune - BUT I just realized you are in Colorado so that would be SAE corrrected and I guess 350 at the wheels would be uncorrected?

I have personally seen CTS-V with LS6 with just headers, exhaust, tune, and cam put down 480 rwhp in Florida so there is that.

Regardless - will make the car alot more flickable and work is moving fast - LOVE finding builds like this
Yep, dynoing at a little over 5300 feet, so i'm not expecting to break 375whp, but i'll be stoked if I do!

The plan is to use this season to test the rest of chassis, get the suspension dialed in, address any mistakes we made along the way, and then (hopefully) next winter supercharge it.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #84
Novablue454

Scotty @ Mofab sent me some pics of the exhaust in progress

Modified my old tip to fit a 3" pipe

Tucking up the Vibrant Superquiet

Old 04-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #85
trizzuth

My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
Man you sir have some serious car modification skills! Unfortunately for me, I was 100% all over this build and then those headlights went in Completely ruins the BMW look of the car and it no longer looks like a BMW to me At least consider putting some OE-looking headlights in there? I mean the rest of the car is so insane, but for the most part, it still looks like a BMW. Just a suggestion. Otherwise cannot wait for the first Drift vid!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:53 AM   #86
Novablue454

Hahaha, I am honestly pretty iffy on the headlights as well. The car had some pretty beat up Depos on it and I wanted angel eyes, but these are pretty ricey and they fit like crap.

Last edited by Novablue454; 04-13-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #87
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
Hahaha, I am honestly pretty iffy on the headlights as well. The car had some pretty beat up Depos on it and I wanted angel eyes, but these are pretty ricey and they fit like crap.
Thank god! Good thing we are in agreement on this, I was worried...

Even a set of OEM halogen's would look much better. Ebay is riddled with them. I bet since your build is so fresh, you could even post up a wanted ad on the classifieds and someone might just donate an old pair to you if they have them laying around... especially with so many people on here converting to xenon's. Were the Depos totally crap, or just the lenses? You can get brand new lenses for $80 for the pair....

ebay halogens:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...sedan&_sacat=0

new lenses:
http://www.khoalty.com/headlight-lens-replacement.html
Old 04-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #88
Novablue454

The depots had broken mount tabs and beat up lenses, + I wanted angel eyes and didn't want to deal with baking them and trying to secure the halos in the OEM housing.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #89
trizzuth

you don't have to bake the headlights on the sedan version, the lenses come off by unclipping all those tabs and can be replaced, but if the mounting tabs for the headlights are broken, that might be enough to get a new set..

By the way, LOL at all the massive amount of skilled work you put into this car, but can't be bothered fixing the halos to the housings inside the headlights haaa it would be so refreshing to do something so simple for once! lay em on a bench and go to work, so easy compared to what you've done here, it's mind boggling.

Last edited by trizzuth; 04-13-2016 at 02:13 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #90
tuscan1205

My Ride: 325CI
OEM halogens and H1 projector retrofit. You already are putting in a ton of top notch work, might as well not got cheap on the headlights.

I didn't want to say anything at first because this build is so awesome, but since someone else addressed the lights first I figured it was safe lol.

'02 Orient Blue 325Ci
tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #91
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscan1205 View Post
OEM halogens and H1 projector retrofit. You already are putting in a ton of top notch work, might as well not got cheap on the headlights.

I didn't want to say anything at first because this build is so awesome, but since someone else addressed the lights first I figured it was safe lol.
haha it won't take away from it, it will just ensures it still looks like a BMW once all is said and done.

I questioned whether or not the H1 retrofit would be worth the money here as I wasn't sure how often OP planned on using the headlights on this drift car. If rarely, then maybe halogens, if often, then H1 retrofit should definitely be in the works. Certainly looks a heck of lot better regardless of light output factor too.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #92
Novablue454

Alright, she has returned!

Scotty @ Mofab absolutely killed it on the exhaust and power steering. Unfortunately the aluminum res I had made is leaking from a weld, and I have to pull the pump to get it off to be rewelded.

Towed it home from Mofab friday evening and then had an appointment to get an alignment today. Lucky for us it snowed 4 inches (and still going) overnight and the car apparently really disliked being on the trailer in that. Once it was our turn on the rack the car wouldn't start. Luckily the guys at Goodyear were nice enough to help us push it up on to their rack. Man that is embarrassing. While it was being aligned I went and got another set of plugs and once again the guys were nice enough to push it into an empty bay to change the plugs rather than having to do it in the snow outside. I stepped one range hotter on the plugs (tr5 (oem) instead of the tr6 that were in it) and hooked up the O2 sensors that were still unplugged from the exhaust build. She fired right up for us after that and I was able to drive it home. That was a very interesting drive with no wipers and defrost in a borderline blizzard, but it's only about 2 miles.

Here's the specs I went with, which I copied from Jeepster's thread.

Front:
Caster - L 7.33* R 7.48*
Camber - L -4.90* R -5.06*
Toe - L -.06* R -.06*

Rear:
Camber - L -.97* R -1.01*
Toe - L .05* R .05

Got her back in the garage now and a full whiteboard of things to address before my tune this weekend and some more things to address before the first event!

Got some sweet purple tow straps too!

Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #93
Novablue454

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
haha it won't take away from it, it will just ensures it still looks like a BMW once all is said and done.

I questioned whether or not the H1 retrofit would be worth the money here as I wasn't sure how often OP planned on using the headlights on this drift car. If rarely, then maybe halogens, if often, then H1 retrofit should definitely be in the works. Certainly looks a heck of lot better regardless of light output factor too.
I will look into it! These junk lights completely fogged up on the drive home in the snow today
Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 PM   #94
Novablue454

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscan1205 View Post
Don't even worry, I've gotten a ton of **** for even doing this swap in the first place haha, I've got pretty thick skin. Just wait until people see the wing i'm waiting on in the mail!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #95
Novablue454

Got the fire handle installed and hooked up finally.

And got around to making some radiator ducting.

I am still waiting on a rear window from plastics4performance with naca ducts to hook them up to.

Last edited by Novablue454; 04-27-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #96
Razz617

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Great build!
Razz617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:23 AM   #97
Novablue454

Took it out for a test drive and took some pics of the car out of the garage.

http://imgur.com/a/Pt3bW
Old 04-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #98
BKMrSteel

My Ride: 99 328i
This build is straight 0 to 100! haha, pro job looking good.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #99
Novablue454

Thanks!

Well I wish I had some numbers to post up, but the tuner decided to no call/no show his own appointment and go to Vegas instead, so looks like I am in the market for a new tuner and will be running the first event on the stock map.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #100
Teddy7

My Ride: slides
Just an idea, but I wonder if you could get around the same offset without spacers if you flipped your style 5s barrels/faces. This is me assuming your wheels are 17x8. Not that it matters, but you wouldn't have to run spacers if the offset was similar to your current one. It's one of those things I've always wanted to try, but I can't find conclusive measurements from people about what the final offset would be. I've heard some people say mid negative 40s while others have said somewhere around negative 70-80. Regardless, very few people run them due to the proposed offsets.

My current offset is -44, so only the first potential measurement would work. All I know is the flip gives them a really good looking/huge lip (see below)

http://i.imgur.com/Ap3ICV1.jpg

Last edited by Teddy7; 04-29-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Teddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote