E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Oem Nav Help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr.Miller 
#1 ·
Okay after owning my m3 i always wanted a navigation system instead of the business radio. So I bought an oem navigation system from someone and realize that i need a couple of parts to complete the process. So I'm sure I need the harness not sure gps antenna i know i need brackets for the back and harness im still deciding to see if its worth it or just sell it and trade it for an dynavin. It came from an 03 m3 so i don't think its an mk4 any input as far as what else i need. Any help or advice is appreciated

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
You can go over to BimmerNAV and find out all of the items you'll need to complete your install.

From a cost perspective, a Dynavin might prove to be cheaper. (cost and time) I wanted to install factory NAV, but might go CarPC or Dynavin.

Check your local salvage/junk yard for any needed items. Most don't know the real value of the items so you might be able to get some things real cheap.

NOTE: you need the NAV retrofit cable, the trunk mount frame/rack, the gps antenna & cable. I would try to get a mkIV player but your mkIII player will work. (Get a cd-changer from the junk yard if you find one)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.