E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Just ordered a Eonon D5150! (New version of Eonon D5113/Enco B146)

349K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  eljay 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I just order this bad boy, it was released like a week ago. Its a new version of the D5113/Enco B146 which are the same thing. Its seems like they have improved a lot of features such as actually having a useful ipod interface with playlist/artist/album options. The old one apparently just gave you one huge list. It also now dims the screen and turns on the button back lights when you switch on your headlights. The interface looks way smoother and less "crappy Chinese deck" than the last one. You can also change the color of the button backlights although im just going to leave it the OEM color. The power and volume labels on the face of the unit itself are straight now. For some reason the last ones were on an angle which just looked weird. It now has a physical home button rather than always having to touch the corner of the screen to go home. The icons on the home screen can now be re positioned so unused stuff like tv and aux can be at the end of the menu. The phone book seems to pull all your contacts nice and cleanly at once now rather than having to hit the update button a million times like on the old one. The usb and SD card interface looks nice and media oriented now, the last one just showed you a really old looking folder style view. The second SD card slot now says "GPS CARD" on it so its nice and clear that the slot is only for the nav software. Apparently there is a way to put pics on the GPS SD card and set them as your background (im definitely going to put a BMW related wallpaper). And of course, it now has a faster better processor than the last one for smoother more fluid operation.

As far as the distributor goes, Eonons website seems more legit than all the other Chinese distributors and they offer a 2 year warranty. I get the feeling that they will provide decent service and back their products. They shipped out the unit the next business day, they sent me tracking info and a link to register my unit for my warranty. The sales rep I was dealing with via email also said that there are pickup service centers in Canada in case I have an issue. Szenco, alibaba, and ali express look like the typical sketchy online shops that you will probably never hear from again once they get your money. In fact I messaged szenco about some technical questions about the b146 and they never replied. Good thing they didn't because Eonon replied fairly quickly and told me about the new D5150 which I got for $380 CDN shipped!

Heres the deck from Eonons site
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/BMW/D5150.html

Video showcase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUUdkxF9TI0

Once i get everything up and running, ill do a formal video review for those who are interested. Ill also outline any tips I may have. I haven't ordered a line out converter yet which is usually needed with these decks due to double amplification with the HK amp. Im going to install it first and see how it is, then get one if I need it. Ill also be doing the back up camera later as well. First I just wanna get her installed and working and then continue from there.

See less See more
#6 ·
Just bought a 330ci (a week ago) and one of these (a minute ago).

Certainly seems a lot faster than the previous model (though i noticed a lot of the video was sped up!?) and I couldn't really justify spending over £400 on the (by the sounds of it buggy) android version.

At £236 delivered with a 2 year warranty and maps it seems like a bit of a bargain!

I will post once i get it.

#7 · (Edited)
I am very insterested of this unit too.
I want to buy one for my e46, but I will wait for your review first.

I already have a few questions:
1. It seems from the pictures posted on Eonon site, that in the back it has only one USB plug. The previous version had 2: one for MEDIA and one for GPS Software/ Wifi Modem.
2. Does it have internet? The back USB plug is for the Wifi modem (or wifi module)?
3. How about the sound? How good is it? Does it work with the original Harman Kardon system?

Sorry for my bad english, I am from Romania.

#11 ·
1. not sure yet but ill let you know once i get it.

2.They told me that there is no wifi. But im sure once the windows CE patch comes out, youll be able to stick in a wifi dongle and use it on windows ce. And if not, i really dont care to have wifi in the car anyway. To have wifi you need your phone in there, and if youve got your phone in there, than why would you want to use ugly old windows CE? A modern Iphone or android phone would be way nicer to use for internet or email. Plus you can always mirror your phone on the deck using this method. Its on another eonon unit but all that really matters is having the video input, which the D5150 does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3crl5mGiZGg

3. Works with HK but we will most likely need a line out converter, ill be your test dummy!

#13 ·
Looks promising, might have to pull the trigger on this one. The price is right with some new upgrades also. Thanks for posting, looking forward to the review!

#18 · (Edited)
So, I asked Eonon if the USB plug in the back (it's in the picture between #12 and #13) is for media, gps or wifi.
They answered:

Hi friend,
Nice day!
You've asked us online that what does the USB cable between No. 12 & 13 used for.
I've checked with our tech, it's for 3G usage, but since the only supported language is Chinese, so actually it's useless to you, you can just ignore it. Thanks!

#21 ·
LOL! that is so typical of e-o-n-o-n-s so-called customer support,i have been trying to get them to supply the updated firmware for the d5113, but they just keep fobbing me off with bullshit excuses,so much for looking after the multitude of people who purchased the d5113 and are saddled with all the niggly problems that unit has.:(

#24 ·
Well apparently it took 2 days for it to reach the UK! Amazing shipping service... sods law dictates that I'm out the office the day it gets delivered there...

Got a HVAC relocation trim coming tomorrow and I'm gonna head into the office to get it so Ill take some pictures of the install over the weekend! :)

#29 ·
All,
I am new to the forums and this is my first post :)
Ordered a D5150 and installed with no problems thanks to the YouTube videos and my friendly BMW dealer for the A/C relocation panel.
I have one question though ...
The radio reception is a bit rubbish and comes and goes. I think it might be something to do this the blue wire which is on the aerial connector.
Is that the case and if it is can someone tell me what to connect it too.
Cheers
Chris
(Apologies if the question has been asked before)

#33 ·
OK so it seems that the unit arrived at my building today but there's a $35 tax on it so the front desk couldn't take it. I gotta go pick it up but I won't be able to install it until sometime next week. Let's just say that accelerated summer school, calculus 2 and linear algebra for engineers are really working a number on my ass right now. But I'll get the video up as soon as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.