E46 Fanatics Forum banner

detailing things

992 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Greg@DetailedImage.com 
#1 ·
looking to get wax among other things as the weather has turned for the better. My friend was like go to autozone pick up the wax there. I was like uhh i dunno dude kinda iffy. What do you experts have to say.

#3 ·
There are very few products I would purchase at an auto supermarket. If you really care about your vehicle stick with names like Klasse, Menzerna, Poorboy's, P21S and OneGrand. Most auto supermarket type products contain large amounts of harsh solvents and silicones. This is why they are relatively inexpensive and why they also provide a descent shine. They shine is fake, made up of fillers and silicones that will wash away quickly.

If you need some help and want me to put a package together for you it would be my pleasure. Just give me an idea of what you are looking to do and I will make some recommendations.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Brett @ OCD

#4 ·
Agree with Brett most stores carry low-end products that don't really produce serious results. Most of those companies are far more focused on marketing their products than improving their results. Additionally as previously mentioned many products are actual harmful to cars. For example I see many people using Simple Green on there wheels. Certain wheels can handle this powerful cleaners without easily noticed damage but most can't and will suffer from its use.

I also feel that many of the higher end brands have you using far less product per use so they often times wind up being very comparable in cost on a per use basis. Not to mention the effectiveness and stunning results many of the high end products produce. Let us know what your looking for and we'll put together a custom package to meet your needs. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you.

Greg @ Detailed Image

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.