E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Jack Stands E46 M3

14K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rcsummers 
#1 ·
Okay just want the best way to do this.

Basically Jack up the car from the rear on the frame where the differential sits inside..

then put the two jack stands where you would jack up the car to change the tire??

Or would you guys drop it on the trailing arms.. They are rounded and angles so it doesnt seem like the greatest spot..

Looking for the best spot to put these jack stands. That would be again in front of the rear tires just underneath the side skirts??

Thanks...

#4 ·
I have a subframe brace the sits right in front of my differential that I use to jack up my entire rear with (recommended jack point by a BMW tech friend). I then place the jack stands under the jack points. Your M3 might be different than my 328Ci so you may have to look for a different spot. But just make sure you don't jack it up on the differential!

I also have a "button" up front where my triangle brace comes together as a central jacking point up front. I have to roll up on 2x6's first to reach that point with my jack. But after I get it up using that central point, I put the jack stands under the designated jacking spots as up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.