E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#15,505 · (Edited)
Why to order a new one if the old one is still perfectly fine??

Let me guess... to be safe and avoid overheat right...??
Because the engine puller fan is known to explode and cause major damage to other parts. BMW has apparently made an improvement to both the blades and the clutch. I am still convinced that the root cause is a bad WP bearing or pullet that causes vibration in the fan's rotation and blows it apart eventually.

Oh whoops hes talking about the electric fan not the mechanical one...:facepalm:

#15,515 · (Edited)
Washed it yesterday for the first time in too many months...

Then a bird shat on it today on the way home from school... It didn't even last 24 hours...

#15,516 ·
Got a stop chip in my windshiled!:evil:
I got the gnarliest windshield chip on Saturday when I was driving in the canyons here with a few friends. This 335is and V8 Mustang in front of were driving so slow, and simply would not move over. Eventually one of then kicked up a rock that NAILED my windshield. Luckily I already have 7-8 other chips. Eventually I'll just get a new windshield.

#15,519 ·
We have that here in Michigan, but it's usually a deer that's gone through the windshield. But, that's a funny picture!

So, is the owner getting some new leather seats made? Seeing if it's a good match?