E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Exhaust Help on M3.!!!!!!.

6K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  M3 FOR LIFE 
#1 ·
I am looking for a Exhaust for Me E46 M3 not looking to spend a lot but want it to sound good. Super sprint sounds great but is a little hi in price. I was also looking at the rogue engineering X pipe with the Evc but Dont know if that makes it sound any lowder then the stock. Just need a little tips thanks.

#3 ·
The rogue EVC one sounds really good when you open it up. I wouldn't mind that but with an ar20 in section one. Have you looked into the Rogue El Diablo? It's not very loud normal driving and sounds really good when you get on it. Don't forget a rasp terminator or an ar20 in section to kill the e46 m3 rasp.

#7 ·
Buy used if you can. Put a notice in the classified section of the type of exhaust you are looking for. It may take some time, but someone is bound to sell what you are looking for.

Personally, I like my B&B (which I bought used). It is louder than stock...but I like it.:)

#9 ·
I don't think so. More of a rumble to me. I should note all other sections of the exhaust are stock.

#23 ·
Here is my Rogue Sec 2 with evc opened and closed on stock headers, AR 20, and Eisenmann Sec 3:

After JVT headers and ESS 550:

I have had a few setups including Top Speed. Top Speed was pretty darn good for what I paid. But just get Rogue Sec 2 and AR 20. It is also best for performance.

#26 ·
From all the threads I've gone though on here along with all the videos I've watched I'd say Eisenmann or managaflo sounds the best. Too me they sound refined. The rest sound like Hondas with a coffee cans on them. Oh if anyone is selling an Eisenmann PM me ill take it off your hands immediately.

#28 · (Edited)
Thats why I say just leave it stock on sec 3. For performance it is still good to go. Spend the money on headers/2 AR 20s/Rogue Sec 2 w/EVC (when you want loud power). You can adjust the valve for between wide open and shut to what you want. I leave mine about a quarter open to get more of the thumpy sound that an STI makes with a little bit of back firing. Wide open, its a monster now. Closed with Eisennman it sounds very close to stock and not worth the money as it does not save a lot of weight either. If I were to change it up I would go with something that weighs less. The rest is just a waste of money. For all the stuff mentioned you are looking at about 1200 if you go JVT headers. My JVTs have been doing extremely well as are many others. This would give you much better power and a controllable sound.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.