E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Question for all Steptronic Owners!!!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  DropTopBM 
#1 ·
Is it considered "bad" to take off in 2nd gear instead of 1st?

#4 ·
Craigger! Where the hell you been bro? I sent you like 281647362 PM's.... What do u mean about what you just said, keep in mind im a little slow

Valerie: The steptronic on the 2002 is different then the previous model years... when im stopped and i press up i think it goes into 1st, im not too sure....... So are u saying its not bad to take off in 2nd?

#6 ·
Lol been hella busy bro tryin to get my baby all finished up for the summer season.... my comment was a joke bout letting level 10 bild up your tranny its a performance shop out here in nj thats specializes in tranny and torque converter work...

#7 ·
Re: i don't think so

valerie said:
as i recall the default for the step software does have you start from second. after the dinan install i noticed that mine starts in first now
Valerie, I just got the Dinan Step software and mine doesn't drop to M1 at a stop. Hard to tell if there is software there, will test it for a couple of weeks, then decide if it's a keeper.

#9 ·
thats odd..

.. there is no doubt that i start in first as a result of the Dinan software in all modes.

Does it do anything else for you, like remove the lag? Thats bizarre if it doesnt have the advantages for you that it had for me. Again makes me wonder if its because i dont have drive by wire..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.