E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Coilovers... And then what?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WDE46 
#1 ·
This might potentially be a huge bash thread but I've decided to purchase coilovers, pss10 to be exact. Now I was wondering, what else do I need? Are camber plates necessary?

#2 ·
you might want to upgrade to some strong rear shock mounts. if you trim the re-inforcement plates you can use those too on the front.

you really only need camber plates if you go really low(or track). otherwise the Bilstein PSS10 are basic fitment coil-over kit for street use.

#4 · (Edited)
From what I have gathered, any drop < 2 inches isn't going to require any sort of adjustable arms or camber plates. You will want to get front strut mount reinforcements and the Z3 rear shock mount reinforcements to absorb the larger forces of the stiffer suspension.

To OP, thank you for being one of the first in recent memory to actually purchase a quality suspension. I'm glad you didn't come in here and talk about how you found a $200 suspension system on Ebay like most of the other people. If you want to actually improve performance with coilovers, you have to spend good money.

#5 ·
Yeah I've been reading up on a lot of different types and decided this was the one for me. I know they don't go as low as some of the other coilovers but that's not really what I'm getting them for. And I was planning on getting RE RSM's but wasn't all that sure if I needed anything in the front.

#7 ·
You could buy them from anywhere. For the stronger RSMs, you could buy Rogue engineering. I hear of people here using those all the time. I think that may be what Alex was referring to. The FSMs can be purchased OEM at the dealer, but you'll pay a lot for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.