E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2M views 18K replies 115 participants last post by  sly1types 
#1 ·
Hello folks! I'm just looking for all the "e46ers" in Kansas.... I feel so left out :bawling:. I cant find anyone else that does these cars around Johnson County! Met a really cool guy awile back and will be meeting him next weekend you can find his thread here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...664&highlight= . Other than him the only other person I know Has a 325xi with cheap ass wheels and hes a total douche! HE EVEN KEYED MY CAR AND IS TELLING EVERYONE I COPIED HIS "CAR IDEAS" AND MODDED MY CAR WITH HIS IDEAS BEFORE HE DID! :ben: :censor:. So anyway calling all Kansas E46 Fanatics!

#15,183 ·
I don't think you have to be a CCA member to attend this but the KC BMW Club is taking a trip to Safe Racer in Neosho, Mo. For those that don't know what Safe Racer is, it's a shop that stocks tons of race gear like suits, helmets, seats, etc., and etc.

Here's the link on the CCA forum:
http://www.kcbmwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2752&p=18893#p18893

#15,184 ·
Possible dumb question. Do you need to have a helmet for the autox 'event' for the Flat Out Classic in June? :hmm:

I won't dare call the autox a 'race' given the previous comments on this post.

I have a convertable and can't participate in the Driving School portion of the weekend.

The registration site wasn't very clear on this topic. Appreciate any insights you might have. Thanks

#15,190 ·
I just found out that I have to be in Denver May 8-10 so looks like I'm out for the May touring club. The only semi good news is it looks like my mob date may get pushed out far enough that I can go to the June DE at HPT. Sucks though because that will be the first time I drive on track sense the changes.

#15,200 ·
Yeaaaaaahhhhhh.............my wing is waiting for me at my front door and my wheels with slicks are waiting for me at trends. I think I'm gonna rock the slicks this Fast Fridays sense I'm not gonna get to run them anytime soon.

#15,201 ·
So... Ive been doing some searching and finally after having the money to do some I am wanting to upgrade my coilovers. Thinking TCK D/A's? Any alternate suggestions??

Also will be selling my current setup. ST Coilovers w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates.
Coilovers- ~3500 miles
Camber Plates- ~1000 miles

.... So if you know anyone who may be interested let me know :)

#15,205 ·
For what you are gonna be doing I think TCK would be your best bet.

#15,232 ·
StopTech is the best budget BBK on the market. It's cheaper than Brembro and PFC and has cheaper replacement parts like rotors and pads. It also has the widest variety of pad choices over most.

Damn andy, I thought you were done modding for a while lol. Anyways, here is what I will get if/when I do a brake kit. Its pretty far down on the list, since there is so much more to do beforehand (pole positions, various cf bits, exhaust, etc.)
http://www.ecstuning.com/News/E36_E46_BMWPerformance_BBK/

I would also see about machining the 135i rears to fit as well so I don't just have 135i fronts (thats what these are, 135i brakes). The brakes are made by brembo, and at 1200 are a bargain. Also, I'm pretty sure these aren't m3 fitment. So my post is useless.
Bias bro. I don't know why people like taking calipers off other cars. Those were designed by Brembo to work for that particular car. Throwing those on just any car is going to massivly affect the bias, which may be a good thing or may be a terrible thing. It would depend on the car and the bias calcs. I just think people that want to throw those on any car without doing the math behind it are crazy. This kit was made for people with pure looks in mind, it looks great, but may kill braking performance.

Also, these numbers do no impress me for 26k.

Peak Horsepower: 527@ 7800 rpm - maximum gain of 129 hp @ 6000 rpm

Peak Torque: 407 lb-ft @ 5200 rpm - maximum gain of 124 lb-ft @ 5200 rpm
For a BMW motor those are great gains.

#15,223 · (Edited)
Damn andy, I thought you were done modding for a while lol. Anyways, here is what I will get if/when I do a brake kit. Its pretty far down on the list, since there is so much more to do beforehand (pole positions, various cf bits, exhaust, etc.)
http://www.ecstuning.com/News/E36_E46_BMWPerformance_BBK/

I would also see about machining the 135i rears to fit as well so I don't just have 135i fronts (thats what these are, 135i brakes). The brakes are made by brembo, and at 1200 are a bargain. Also, I'm pretty sure these aren't m3 fitment. So my post is useless.

#15,225 · (Edited)
Dinan is way overrated IMO. But damn those are some serious gains from boring and stroking an extra .6 liters out of it, and I trust that Dinan knows what they are doing.

I feel like the 135i brakes ( both front and rear) would fit on an e90. If so I'd do that, that is a serious bargain for what you get (6 piston brembo fronts, cross drilled rotors, 2 piston rears).

#15,226 ·
its 4.0 stock. pretty good alternative to FI imo. comes with a 4 year warranty. Dinan builds the engines for the ALMS series, so hopefully they know what they're doing. I know they are very conservative sometimes and obviously overprised, but for $6k I think a new engine is worth it.

Were thinking about a modded E92 M3 with dct for my dad now. Even with a dinan engine, brakes, cf, wheels, nicest suspention I can figure out... it'll all be cheaper than a new M5.

#15,227 ·
6k actually seems really reasonable for that much work. Engine work gets expensive fast. You're talking new pistons, con rods, crank, on top of boring and honing the cylinders, and all the extra goodies they throw on top. Plus a new tune, etc, they give it to you as a long block, warranty, etc. Usually I would say Dinan is overpriced for modest gains but I actually think this is a bargain, especially given their expertise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.