E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#441 ·
I set up a viewing this weekend to sell it.

#445 ·
Unfortunately it wasn't all today, but over the past two weeks I.....

-replaced my horns
-replaced the valve cover gasket
-replaced the spark plugs
-put in new O2 sensors
-in the near future i'm replacing the fuel injectors

...working on your own Bimmer beats letting the dealer do it any day. Gotta love that Haynes manual!:thumbsup:

#448 ·
I admired the new racks, and contemplated the money I saved this weekend with the zip tie fix to my front window regulator. Seriously ccontemplating a cai box from din an because I'm probably selling the cj7tomorrow..... Also looked at how fast I have worn out my mich pilot apt as2plus! Holy crap. 14k miles and not one burnout..... I thought I liked these tires but damn.

#449 ·
I installed a rear window sun shade. Was hoping it would get some glare off the Dynavin. Tomorrow working on the Dynavin, pulling it out hopefully to get the steering wheel control box connected I forgot....and adding the 64GB thumbdrive filled with MP3 files in the dash. Still need to get around to installing my first aid box that has been rotting in the trunk for over a year.

#450 · (Edited)
I installed a rear window sun shade. Was hoping it would get some glare off the Dynavin.
If you're having glare problems, bend the mounting tabs back a bit to angle the unit forward. I used a couple of small rubber pieces as well to space it and keep it angled. Makes all the difference in the world when it reflects the back seat instead of the back window. If you look at my pics above, you can see that the difference in how it lines up is really not noticable at all.

I also added an anti-glare shield, but tilting the unit forward a hair makes a much more dramatic improvement.

#452 ·
If you're having glare problems, bend the mounting tabs back a bit to angle the unit forward. I used a couple of small rubber pieces as well to space it and keep it angled. Makes all the difference in the world when it reflects the back seat instead of the back window. If you look at my pics above, you can see that the difference in how it lines up is really not noticable at all.

I also added an anti-glare shield, but tilting the unit forward a hair makes a much more dramatic improvement.
Thanks HerrSMG, I will have to try that. Jeff mentioned that as well. The rear sunscreen was a nice cheap addition and I like it also. I imagine with both the tilt, and rear sunscreen it will help. PM me with where you got an exact fit for the glare shield. I have seen some of them are worthless. Let me know how yours is working.:thumbup: