E46 Fanatics Forum banner

All Wheel Drive E46 M3

132K views 461 replies 107 participants last post by  Twin_Turbo_S54 
#1 · (Edited)
Posting here does not give me anything other than criticism.

This AWD M3 Project is one of a kind unique Project and surrounded with negative comments.

Posting here does not allow me improve or to stop this Project.

I will be just spending time in front of the keyboard.

I would like my membership to be deleted.

#64 · (Edited)
What is the diference between the E46 awd and rwd chassis? I bet both plataforms will need almost the same labour to make it possible.

Since this was trial project, why would you want to see a M3 plataform being destroyed when you have non-m3 cars a lot cheaper to mess with?

With all the knowledge that the OP gained in this car, he can make a M3 AWD if he want it.

So stop trying to be a ass and learn something with those that are willing to spent cash in trial projects. It is with this type of projects that keep the E46 market grow and push forward the E46 limits. Once the S54 is already capable of putting down big numbers, it is time to make it possible to show it on a dragstrip - sub 10 :excited:

#65 ·
Honestly man- Can you read? :banghead:

I didn't say I wanted to see an M3 being destroyed, the title of the thread suggest that an all wheel drive M3 was being created, and it isn't. That is the problem.

why would you want to see a M3 plataform being destroyed when you have non-m3 cars a lot cheaper to mess with?

With all the knowledge that the OP gained in this car, he can make a M3 AWD if he want it.

#71 ·
I was thinking it was an AWD e46 COUPE project, not sedan. None the less this is badass. This car would be awesome to have here in Alaska where there are lots of evos and wrx/sti's running around.
Technically an E46 coupe can not be converted into an E46 AWD coupe.

I have checked as many ways as possible and the only way is a sedan awd e46 m3.

If this Project Works I will get a E92 coupe AWD and swap the E46 AWD into this E92 coupe. Plans are on the shelf waitig.
Man, all this bickering in the thread, all over misunderstandings.

No one is denying your build is awesome, just that when entering the thread expected to see an e46 M3 COUPE with custom AWD as the thread title suggests. I guess adding the word 'sedan' to the title would have cleared up confusion. Again, awesome project.

#79 ·
Exactly. This is why so many people thought this thread was groud breaking. I was expecting a 2 door M3 body with awd installed.

But as I mentioned several times in my previous posts- Cool project non the less, I am interested and checking in for progress.

Technically an E46 coupe can not be converted into an E46 AWD coupe.

I have checked as many ways as possible and the only way is a sedan awd e46 m3.

If this Project Works I will get a E92 coupe AWD and swap the E46 AWD into this E92 coupe. Plans are on the shelf waitig.

#70 ·
Once it is possible retrofit M3 parts into the sedan, i thought that both chassis was almost the same. With your statements, it seems that the sedan is more roomy to receive the front axles transmission and diff.

I would like to see instead, a E30 with your engine/transmission. In my mind the S54 engine doesn't suit good in the E9x body: old engine to newer body. Besides that, the E30 is a much lighter body and makes it easier to achieve your goals.

#72 ·
Sub'd

#76 ·
Mert,

I'm really interested in how you will get the rear tires to fit on an E46 sedan chassis. Most people struggle to get 265s to sit square to the ground, so I'm assuming you will have some body work done?

I have an E46 Sedan which I'm looking to fit some larger tires on as well....

#85 ·
Marcus, thank you for the info.

If it was running as a standalone" it would get the MZ4's S54 running.

Not only Basar, but other people also lost faith in proefi, at least I know of two people. The other is Providence, he also gave proefi back.
ProEFI as an ECU is phenomenal, but when working with a new platform its probably best you be within a few hundred miles of a dealer. I'm about the furthest from a dealer as you can get. I'm not having any issues, but I wouldn't want to be 'first' to work with an ecu when my tuner is 15hrs away... that goes for any ecu, not just ProEFI. I'm willing to bet if Basar (or Lutz) was in Arizona we'd have ProEFI running on these Z4M's.. just as we saw with the HPF to ProEFI converted cars back in 2011 that were in/near Arizona.

#91 ·
Posting here does not give me anything other than criticism.

This AWD M3 Project is one of a kind unique Project and surrounded with negative comments.

Posting here does not allow me improve or to stop this Project.

I will be just spending time in front of the keyboard.

Best thing for me is to spend time with my twin turbo m3s and dont post here.

I would like my membership to be deleted. Sorry for taking your time.

#121 ·
BUT why are you so HURT?

#93 ·
Mert don't go. The haters will always hate. I want to see the finished project.

#94 ·
Me too, screw the haters. M3 or not this guy does his R&D to the max! Clearly money isn't the issue and he didn't buy a 4dr xi to save on R&D costs, if it was possible to do the AWD on a m3 I'm sure he would have done it, just ignore the haters they only dream of a project like this.

#95 ·
Cry much? All we wanted to make clear, since you have failed to, is that this is not an E46 M3. All you have to do is say; "you're right, it's a 3 series xi I'm modifying with M3 parts". Instead you insist this an E46 M3 and use completely irrelevant comparisons to make your point.

Not one person has criticized the work being done here to your 3-series. A monster AWD sedan will be cool. Just leave the pretend bullcrap elsewhere. Stay if you can post factual information, leave if you cannot.

#97 ·
Get over it guys. The amount of fabrication, blood, sweat and tears this thing will consumer Mert can call it whatever the fcuk he wants to call it. And no matter what he calls it, the project is still sik as.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.