E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Eisenmann exhaust installed: pics, report & question

5K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  B8888KC 
#1 ·
ok, i finally got my 2X76mm Race round tip Eisenmann exhaust installed. Looks great but here are the issues:

1. MOST IMPORTANT: The exhaust pipe closest to the motor touches the rear differential. the rest of the exhaust fits fine but just that part. DOES ANYONE HAVE SIMILAR ISSUE WITH THEIR EISEMANN?

2. I chose not to install the connecting straight pipe that does away with the resonator. I was told that Eisenmann race exhaust was pretty loud. But let me tell you , ITS NOT. its barely louder than stock and I mean barely. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE STRAIGHT CONNECTING PIPE INSTALLED? HOWS IT SOUND?

I know i'm supposed to wait 2 weeks for it to break in but is it really gonna get louder?

I think I'm going to put the straight connecting pipe and try it w/o the resonator.

Final take: So far I'm not feeling the $800 investment was worth it, maybe it'll get better, I'll keep updating. :bawling:

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
gmhl - yeah I'll definitely post how the install goes this weekend (hopefully it is this weekend). I forgot to mention that I have the connector pipe, does this matter? Or should I still be worried about the fitment? Cuz eiffel says he doesn't have this pipe.

#28 ·

I had the same problem as Eiffel has:

As you see on the first PIC, the Blue part is the connection-screw-holder (dont know the english name). It touches the rear diff.

So in the second pic you see how it looks like atm. The have bent the exhaust a bit down and to the left (looking at the car from the back side). So it doesnt touch the rear diff.

Fox

#29 ·
Foxbat said:
I had the same problem as Eiffel has:

As you see on the first PIC, the Blue part is the connection-screw-holder (dont know the english name). It touches the rear diff.

So in the second pic you see how it looks like atm. The have bent the exhaust a bit down and to the left (looking at the car from the back side). So it doesnt touch the rear diff.

Fox
Would I be safe to assume that this problem can be solved by welding the exhaust, instead of clamping them?

#33 ·
My problem was not the clamps hitting it, but the actual piping.
From looking at the Dinan exhaust piping and the Eisenmann one, the Eisenmann piping was bent a whole 1.5" more to the right.
The Dinan exhaust piping followed the exact same path the stock exhaust did.

#36 ·
Sorry for bringing back an old thread. I just got my Eisenmann Race installed this morning, and I am worried because when my car is in idle, I would hear some clunking sound, like a metal touching other metal from under my car. I'm not sure if it touches my rear differential, though. Is that okay, or is it bad for either my exhaust or my differential (if it does touch the differential)? Thanks.

#41 ·
B8888KC said:
Sorry for bringing back an old thread. I just got my Eisenmann Race installed this morning, and I am worried because when my car is in idle, I would hear some clunking sound, like a metal touching other metal from under my car. I'm not sure if it touches my rear differential, though. Is that okay, or is it bad for either my exhaust or my differential (if it does touch the differential)? Thanks.
No idea if this is bad or not. My guess is that maybe prolonged effects would be bad. But, since mine was custom fitted, I don't have a problem with this.
If not the rear differential, could it be hitting your sway bars or suspension?
Or, was it hooked properly? :dunno:
I'm just throwing out ideas.

ericktu said:
hey guys. how long did it take for the exhaust to arrive at your hosue? i custom ordered the race performance quads for my S-Class from eisenhaus.com and they told me it would be at my house in like two weeks... its been 5 weeks now.
Took mine 2 months... I got mine from RENNsport.

#43 ·
:( Mine was meant to be installed today. The fcukers sent the wrong one. They sent a coupe version which basically collides with the torsion bar you get on the verts. Gutted. that's 2 weekends in a row I've been d!cked about. Ah well, roll on next Saturday. 3rd time lucky and all that :( :( :(

#44 ·
BigFas said:
:( Mine was meant to be installed today. The fcukers sent the wrong one. They sent a coupe version which basically collides with the torsion bar you get on the verts. Gutted. that's 2 weekends in a row I've been d!cked about. Ah well, roll on next Saturday. 3rd time lucky and all that :( :( :(
that sucks....

to the people who have the race performance exhaust... are they loud when broken in? hehe

#45 ·
ericktu said:
hey guys. how long did it take for the exhaust to arrive at your hosue? i custom ordered the race performance quads for my S-Class from eisenhaus.com and they told me it would be at my house in like two weeks... its been 5 weeks now.
I ordered from Eisenhaus, and it took like 2 months or more for the exhaust to arrive at my house!

Also, my Eisenmann Race is loud even though it's not broken it yet. I have the connecting pipe and also GruppeM intake. Dunno if they affect the sound or not.

#47 ·
B8888KC said:
Also, my Eisenmann Race is loud even though it's not broken it yet. I have the connecting pipe and also GruppeM intake. Dunno if they affect the sound or not.
:werd:
That's the exact same set up I have.
The GruppeM does make the car sound meaner.
The connecting pipe also affects the sound and that's why they are aka "sound pipes."
However, even with the connecting pipe, I would not consider it "loud."
To me, it's JUST right.
The UUC TSE2 with straight pipes... now that's loud.
You just got to find out what kind of loud you like.

#48 ·
Hmmm... I just looked under my car, and I don't really think my exhaust touches the rear differential. It's quite far away. But when the car is on idle, there is a very violent vibration from under the car... Yes, it's not just a clunking sound. It's vibration, and it's violent! Does this mean the exhaust touches something under the car, like gmhl10 says, like suspension?

Does anyone know what actually causes this vibration?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.