E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Another G2 Painted Caliper

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  guest1016 
#1 ·
Finally took a picture of my calipers that I painted about a month ago. The painting was easy..................cleaning the calipers (which have never been cleaned before) a major Beech! :bs:

Took the picture with my cam corder so still shots are not the best.....................

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
rome5982 said:
Finally took a picture of my calipers that I painted about a month ago. The painting was easy..................cleaning the calipers (which have never been cleaned before) a major Beech! :bs:

Took the picture with my cam corder so still shots are not the best.....................
looking good. Time to change your sig now.. On the good side. I used G2 about 6 months ago and they atill look as good as day one and just wipe clean....:thumbup:

John V

#4 ·
Re: Re: Another G2 Painted Caliper

johnv325ci said:

looking good. Time to change your sig now.. On the good side. I used G2 about 6 months ago and they atill look as good as day one and just wipe clean....:thumbup:

John V
Thanks. Just received my Mtech front bumper and OEM rear deck spoiler so I am waiting on those to be installed before updating my sig. :tongue:

#6 ·
325i-Vizon said:
you have to take off the wheels right? ugg, i wanna do it but thats alot of work :D hehe, lazy.
Yes, taking off the wheel is very labor intensive..................right up there with shaving and wiping your :moon: ;)

#8 ·
carpenterm said:
how hard was it to clean the calipers
The G2 kit gives you one spray can of brake cleaner. I basically needed one can per wheel. Purchased the same type of cleaner from Pep Boys for about $3 a can. Spray the stuff on the caliper, caliper holders, and retaining clip. Use a wire brush and scrub like crazy (use a portable fan to blow the dust away from you and use gloves). Had to repeat the spray/brush about 3 times per wheel before the calipers were nice and clean. Need to get them clean so the paint does not come off later. :)

#9 ·
rome5982 said:

The G2 kit gives you one spray can of brake cleaner. I basically needed one can per wheel. Purchased the same type of cleaner from Pep Boys for about $3 a can. Spray the stuff on the caliper, caliper holders, and retaining clip. Use a wire brush and scrub like crazy (use a portable fan to blow the dust away from you and use gloves). Had to repeat the spray/brush about 3 times per wheel before the calipers were nice and clean. Need to get them clean so the paint does not come off later. :)

sorry to bring this tread back from the dead but couldn't you have just soaked your calipers in lacquer cleaner over night? That **** eats up everything it touches. You can buy like a gallon of it for $6. I'm thinking of doing mine but painting them black.

#10 ·
TimeFor said:

sorry to bring this tread back from the dead but couldn't you have just soaked your calipers in lacquer cleaner over night? That **** eats up everything it touches. You can buy like a gallon of it for $6. I'm thinking of doing mine but painting them black.
You could but the kit doesnt require you to take off your calipers, its a brush on application... Makes the whole process a lot easier..

John V

#12 ·
dennisf said:
I wanna make mine black.. Any european member who knows what I should use to make them black?? I don't wanna spray them because I know it will be fugly.
i used G2 to paint mine black..its a real high gloss black and i love it....next best thing to brembos...but a few grand cheaper...best cheap DIY i think....i used only half the can of brake cleaner actually..i guess it depends how dirty yur calipers are..i used some rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush first then sprayed it down...

#19 ·
cls1000 said:
good stuff. i did mine in silver quite some time ago, still look new.
Mind posting pics of your silver painted calipers? I have searched everywhere and have yet to see what silver looks like. How dark of a silver is it? Ti Silver? Silver Grey? Is it even metallic?

The only picture that I have seen of it was crappy and it looked pretty dark. I ordered the white and the silver and I figured if it ws too dark I would lighten it up with the white. Your pictures would really help.

#20 ·
italia330i said:
Mind posting pics of your silver painted calipers? I have searched everywhere and have yet to see what silver looks like. How dark of a silver is it? Ti Silver? Silver Grey? Is it even metallic?

The only picture that I have seen of it was crappy and it looked pretty dark. I ordered the white and the silver and I figured if it ws too dark I would lighten it up with the white. Your pictures would really help.

if they were clean right now, yes.....but.....i will say this. take the ti-silver on the bimmer and the what ever it's called gray on my dads S. split the two colors down the middle, and that's the color, but closer to the S color then to the ti silver....and it's a metallic look silver....it's nice. i did it to contrast the gold of the brembo rotors on front..NO WAIT...............I DO HAVE A PIC......I think.......LEMME look..................................................................................................................................................

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps.....it's actually a pic of the rim, not the caliper, but you can see it through the rim....it's been on about a year and a half maybe, and the pic is pretty recent.....

#22 ·
cls1000 said:
if they were clean right now, yes.....but.....i will say this. take the ti-silver on the bimmer and the what ever it's called gray on my dads S. split the two colors down the middle, and that's the color, but closer to the S color then to the ti silver....and it's a metallic look silver....it's nice. i did it to contrast the gold of the brembo rotors on front..NO WAIT...............I DO HAVE A PIC......I think.......LEMME look..................................................................................................................................................

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helps.....it's actually a pic of the rim, not the caliper, but you can see it through the rim....it's been on about a year and a half maybe, and the pic is pretty recent.....
thats weird... ive never seen an ///M emblem on any other rims besides BMW ones. did you put that on yourself?

#23 ·
E46330ci23 said:
thats weird... ive never seen an ///M emblem on any other rims besides BMW ones. did you put that on yourself?

yes. they just happened to have an indent in the rim with a 1000 emblem in them, and i lost one, so i started searching for replacements, and they were identical to the M emblems, so they just fit perfectly right in, how could i pass it up???

#24 ·
cls1000 said:
if they were clean right now, yes.....but.....i will say this. take the ti-silver on the bimmer and the what ever it's called gray on my dads S. split the two colors down the middle, and that's the color, but closer to the S color then to the ti silver....and it's a metallic look silver....it's nice. i did it to contrast the gold of the brembo rotors on front..NO WAIT...............I DO HAVE A PIC......I think.......LEMME look...............................................................................................................................................
:thumbup:

Thanks

#25 ·
cls1000 said:
yes. they just happened to have an indent in the rim with a 1000 emblem in them, and i lost one, so i started searching for replacements, and they were identical to the M emblems, so they just fit perfectly right in, how could i pass it up???
those rims are hot.. where did you get them??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.