E46 Fanatics Forum banner

HPF Kit Owners chime in please...

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jtrejo 
#1 ·
For those that ACTUALLY own an HPF Kit could you please answer the following questions? :read: I have read so many great reviews and I even read that someone has over 20K miles on this kit now without any issues so I am curious to know how many other people are racking up the miles on their kit? Also seems like every single person who got this kit is happy.

1. What Stage?

2. Who installed it?

3. How many miles have you put on it? (be honest)

4. Any issues worth mentioning after installation, even minor?

5. Where is the car mainly driven? (location, wanting to know climate)

6. For those that live in HOT areas, any overheating issues?

7. Daily driver or weekend warrior?

8. Mostly driven on pump or mostly driven on pump+meth or mostly driven on race?

9. For people in CA or other emissions "strict" states, any issues with that? getting pulled over etc?

TIA.

Chris

See less See more
#4 ·
Just to clarify for the OP...engine failure was not HPF's foult it was because owner used inproper fitting on meth tank IIRC but still HPF decided to take care of everything :thumbsup:

Its a great kit and i will be joining the HPF gang soon :str8pimpi

#5 · (Edited)
1. Stage 2

2. TC Motorsport in Calgary, AB.

3. 8000 miles

4. Broke passenger side axel after 2 or 3 weeks (pump+meth+s6 1st to 2nd shift), scraped and broke lower charge pipe.

5. Calgary, 25C avg summer temps, 3700ft average elevation. I have driven 2500 miles to Vancouver, Seattle, Portland and back. I've made a bunch of out of town runs too. 1 day on the roadcourse. I drive it to work here and there too. May be doing a Chicago road trip later on this year.

6. Not hot climate.

7. I rotate between 3 cars going to work. Depends on my mood. Weekends I only drive the M3.

8. Always pump+meth. Now that I got a button installed, drive to work is usually in pump only, and only turn on meth when someone tries to pick on me.

9. No emissions testing here.

I couldn't be happier with this kit. It's like losing your virginity the first time where you have that stupid grin on your face for days, except it lasts months (and still counting!)

I was so bored of my M3 in January and listed the car for sale. A few of my other options turned up with nothing and I put the money towards this kit instead. I can't think of parting ways with this car now.

#7 ·
1. What Stage? Started with stage 1 then upgraded to stage II

2. Who installed it? HPF

3. How many miles have you put on it? (be honest) 25,000 -- about 10,000 miles of it was on race gas.

4. Any issues worth mentioning after installation, even minor? zero

5. Where is the car mainly driven? (location, wanting to know climate) S.f bay area -- temps range from 38 to over 100 degrees

6. For those that live in HOT areas, any overheating issues? NONE

7. Daily driver or weekend warrior? Mix usage

8. Mostly driven on pump or mostly driven on pump+meth or mostly driven on race? When i was in stage 1 I only put 110 leaded because i had access to it through a pump :)

9. For people in CA or other emissions "strict" states, any issues with that? getting pulled over etc? cops usually don't know. I have hook ups

#8 ·
My alternator voltage regulator flaked out on me last night. I've seen this happen on other E46 M3's, car just dies gracefully. It's a little more eventful in an HPF car. Basically, there's not enough power to the HPF secondary oil pump and it shuts off. When this happens, oil comes through the exhaust and you get quite the smoke show :).

Thankfully, a fresh spare battery was enough to drive the car 40km back to the shop.

#9 ·
Oh damn... that is scary. How much is a new alternator voltage regulator? I like to be preventive since my car has 60k miles on it.

#10 ·
1. What Stage? Stage 2

2. Who installed it? HPF

3. How many miles have you put on it? (be honest) Just a couple thousand, don't drive it in the winter.

4. Any issues worth mentioning after installation, even minor? There have been a few minor issues - new oil line for turbo, minor changes to meth kit, new flash for ECU - but they have all been taken care of by HPF. They just send any updated components out to us and we pop them on.

5. Where is the car mainly driven? (location, wanting to know climate) Minneapolis

6. For those that live in HOT areas, any overheating issues? No overheating issues even in some recent days in the 90s

7. Daily driver or weekend warrior? Daily driver during the warm months

8. Mostly driven on pump or mostly driven on pump+meth or mostly driven on race? Mostly driven on pump plus meth. Though, recently found a gas station not to far away with 110 octane in the pump for a reasonable price so may run race more often

9. For people in CA or other emissions "strict" states, any issues with that? getting pulled over etc? No emissions checks here but I'd fail if there were.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.